S1S90 18.5" magazine capacity?

rc51kid

I posted this on a different forum but i think i might get a better answer here. I have a M1S90 with a factory +3 mag extension on it. The entire assembled mag tube is right at 18" long. How many rounds should i be able to fit in it? i Keep seeing sights that list it as 7 rounds in the magazine tube. I can only fit 6 light (short) trap loads or 5 S+B 00 buck. I have had it apart and there is no plug in it. It was bought used so the only thing i could guess is maybe it has a odd mag spring in it? Could it be a long spring that takes up a bunch of extra room? How much longer than the magazine tube should a shotgun mag spring be? I know years ago i bought some wolf shotgun mag spring for a Mossy 500. It was a trim to fit spring and i just cut it to the length i needed. What should the length be for a 18" mag tube? Really i would rather use the proper Benelli spring in it. The one that is in it now has both ends bent "flat". It looks like a factory spring that has not been cut. Any suggestions?

Not all 2.75" cartridges are created equal...remember the 2.75" is the approximate length of the fired cartridge...the actual length of the crimped unfired cartridge may vary by 1/8" or more, depending on manufacturer; when this variance is multiplied by 5-7 cartridges, the difference is enough to change the loaded magazine capacity. Before you start clipping springs, you might do some side-by-side cartridge comparisons and observe the loading differences.

Some of these same cartridge specification differences often account for loading / feeding problems that some experience with their actions, but the action, not the cartridges get identified as the cause.

Just sayin'.

Screenshot2012-11-29at72147AM.png

Screenshot2012-11-29at72138AM.png

Edited by benelliwerkes

I think i had it wrong. I tried this morning to load it up with S&B 9 pellet 00 buck. I fit 6 of these in there. I had some Remington number 2 steel shot that i have sitting around. I can fit 7 of these in the tube. So i guess this was all my error. Does anyone know any good 00 buck that is short enough to fit 7 rounds in these?