OPINIONS...best flashlight / strobelight for SNT

PCFIVEZ

which flashlight / strobelight models do you guys use? there are so many out there and being new to this, i don't want to end up with a chinese made failure.

i don't want something that's top of the line first class expensive. i just want something that'll effectively get the job done.

opinions?

which flashlight / strobelight models do you guys use? there are so many out there and being new to this, i don't want to end up with a chinese made failure.

i don't want something that's top of the line first class expensive. i just want something that'll effectively get the job done.

opinions?

check out streamlights

I dont have any but I see many people loving them and the price point isnt like surefire ( what I do own )

thank you. which surefire do you have...would you recommend it?

I have the X400 abd the 9000 Not sure the number on the 9000 it is the vertical grip light. I like both I looked at the 9000 direct and was blinded for awhile and this was in the day time,lol never looked at the X400 or the lazer.

I would recomend yes but from what others say the streamloghts are just as good. I have no clue to streamlights though.

I would check the X300 ultra that is next for my pistol. I buy surefire 99% due to they are know as the best. over priced yes but the best. I figure I waste so much cash on silly stuff anyways I can afford the few bucks more for surefire,lol

@ OP: Go to candlepowerforum to see more about this than you could ever want to know.

Check the 'recommend me a light for..' threads.

For a quick answer: I agree with RocketW. I run the surefire x300 and x300 ultra. You should be able to find a used x300 out there now that the ultra is in circulation.

Yes it is overpriced and you are paying for a name. But: it always works.

Streamlight is a good second option and it's much cheaper.

what these days isnt made in china look on the tags of everything you own 1 percent made in the usa. try shop barska the have pretty good stuff i buy from them all the time.

i try to avoid the made in china crap...that includes APP LE products! nothing good ever came out of china except for lo mein and gunpowder.:o

I use a Streamlight TLR1 (Amazon less than $105) that I have been using on my Benelli M4 & Glock. Just ordered the BattleComp Mossie Midnight Mount / MT2400FSB, now I will be able to share the light with my AR.

Note # 1 I didn't need the strobe option, therefore the TLR1

Note # 2 the allen wrench is only for illustration. :-)

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BattleComp-Mossie-Midnight-Mount-MT2400FSB-p/bce-mt2400fsb.htm

Edited by crofton

• 2 weeks later...
How do you plan to mount it on the SNT and is it rated as a weapon light? Not all handhelds are designed to withstand the recoil of a shotgun.

this video (borrowed from YOUTUBE) should answer your second question. as for mounting it...i'll have to figure that one out. scope mount on nordic clamp w/ pic/weav rail maybe?

...this video (borrowed from YOUTUBE) should answer your second question.
The video was interesting, but I was thinking about asking Streamlight if they recommended using this light mounted on a weapon. Looks like a great light for the price, even if they say no.
as for mounting it...i'll have to figure that one out. scope mount on nordic clamp w/ pic/weav rail maybe?
I was thinking about this one with a single cell CR123a light: http://www.amazon.com/Single-Shotgun-Magazine-Tubes-Mount/dp/B003V08BAM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355448878&sr=8-5&keywords=flashlight+shotgun+mount+L+M but it might work with that one also.

The video was interesting, but I was thinking about asking Streamlight if they recommended using this light mounted on a weapon. Looks like a great light for the price, even if they say no. I was thinking about this one with a single cell CR123a light: http://www.amazon.com/Single-Shotgun-Magazine-Tubes-Mount/dp/B003V08BAM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355448878&sr=8-5&keywords=flashlight+shotgun+mount+L+M but it might work with that one also.

Thanks! I'll look into it.

I'm using a Streamlight TLR-2S with a coiled remote mounted on a Nordic barrel clamp/pic rail. Solid as a rock:

i am waiting to get the nordic setup. is your TLR2S the one w/ the green laser as well?

also, where did you get that sling setup? i was looking for a clip like that but don't know what it's technically called.

Edited by PCFIVEZ

i am waiting to get the nordic setup. is your TLR2S the one w/ the green laser as well?

also, where did you get that sling setup? i was looking for a clip like that but don't know what it's technically called.

Mine just has the red laser.

The sling is just a Blackhawk two point sling and GrovTec 1-1/4" swivels.

Sling: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/133312/blackhawk-universal-tactical-sling-ar-15-nylon-black

Swivels: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/185521/grovtec-mil-force-locking-sling-swivels-1-1-4-steel-black-1-pair

I actively stay away from Chinese made products for various reasons but after reading about Jetbeam flashlights in another gun forum, I broke my own rules and ordered one of their series. I have to admit these are quality LED lights at a very affordable price.