Does anyone have problems with their SBE II jamming on lighter loads?

Mattheiw

Matthew: Yep, I know exactly what you mean about jamming with light loads. I bought my SBE II about 3 weeks ago and planning to use it primarily for waterfowl. Anyway, I wanted to get use to it first so I took it to shoot sporting clays and attempted to shoot 12 ga. 2 3/4" #7 1/2 shot with 3 drams of powder, 1 oz. shot. It wouldn't cycle them and the bolt kept short-stroking. So I bought some shells with 3 1/4 drams and 1 1/8 oz. shot and didn't have the first hiccup! However I have now shot approx. 500 rounds through it and it still will NOT shoot those light load shells which are strictly target shells. Everyone told me that the SBE II will feed anything you give it, but mine will not. It's not a big deal since it's not my regular sporting clays gun, and I can get the heavier loaded shells for the about the same price. I will say that I dearly love my SBE II, especially compared to the Benelli M1 I had several years ago. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, but I'm pretty deadly with the SBE II!

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone told me that the SBE II will feed anything you give it, but mine will not.

Who are you guys talking too? Anyone here with a bit of research knows that if any Inertia Driven Benelli 12GA require 1 1/8 oz load in order to cycle without issues. It's clearly written in all Benelli manuals Some here have reported shooting with smaller stuff after break-in period without issues and consider themselves lucky. When I go out on a Duck Hunt, I don't take chances and always buy the 1 1/8 + stuff.

J

ive shot anything from 1.oz , 7 shot to 3 1/2 inch goose loads

Yah but you're the same guy who's lucky enough to hunt in raining malard country. I should try my SBE2 with lighter loads just to see how it does. When I first got it after break-in period, it still would not digest 1 1/8 oz less shot. Now that it's loosten-up a bit, maybe my old eagle would take it. I shall try it out coming Spring.

shouldn't be an issue. if you're going hunting make sure you're using a heavy load and that your gun is clean. if it doesn't cycle properly with hunting loads then you have a problem. if it does, and you said you don't use it as a trap gun anyway, then just don't shoot the light loads. maybe after a few hundred rounds take it back to the trap range and see if it will shoot those light loads. if not, and it proves reliable hunting then who cares. or get a hand-thrower and a box of clay pigeons and a friend that will throw them and go practice that way since most ranges wont let you shoot heavy loads on them. basically, you bought the gun for hunting. hunt with it.