Sad Day in Conneticut/ Gun Owners Unite

Zeke

Its a terrible thing what happened yesterday in Conneticut and I couldnt imagine what those families are going through. What kind of sick deranged knucklehead could go on a shooting spree in an elementary school and kill inocent kids is beyond me??

After yesterdays shooting/ and this past weeks (mall) shooting, anti gun activists are in full force to get the president(pettitioning) to somehow regulate or ban guns overall in general. This is a very serious topic now !

As a gun owner, I now think that the govement will try to attack our 2nd ammendment rights and put all kind of restrictions on current owners and let alone ban certain things. With Obama in a new 4 year term, we are in serious trouble of losing our gun ownership rights! These recent incidents is the start of a new revolution against guns and gun owners have to really put up a fight on what we believe in. I am deeply saddened at what happened yesterday and it really blows my mind to know that there are people amoungst us that could do such a thing to little kids. Now, as a law abiding gun owner, I'm going to have to suffer some kind of new gun laws. Its really a shame that we cant somehow get good at recognizing mentally deranged people and not alllowing people to access guns and somehow prevent these types of things from happening. Now we all have to suffer. Taking away the gun will not solve the problem..................... Thoughts??

Edited by Zeke

It'll blow over. It always does. So relax.

Of course you're being sarcastic, right?

I've been very closely following the gungrabbers and their agenda for nearly 24 years. This time is different, this is a completely different environment now. Watch and listen to them closely. The gungrabbers are on a roll, they've got their objectives all squared away, they're very well organized, and they are making a huge propaganda push.

Get whatever you're going to get NOW.

Like the others here who live in CA, I'm probably much more familiar with limitations on second amendment rights than the majority of forum members.

I know it's probably not a popular opinion on a gun forum, but I'm all for adding hurdles and restrictions on ownership if it meant that a sane, rational, well-intentioned person would have their full 2nd amendment rights as recognized by most of the non-restrictive states. I'd gladly take a routine psych exam, in-person safety training and tests, deeper background check, etc., if it meant that I could have an AR without a bullet button, no 10-round mag limits, and the right to carry. It'd even be nice if I could add a collapsible stock on my Benelli, or--god forbid--even buy one with

Last night I read a post from someone on CNN who thought the age of ownership should be raised to late 20s, because most psychotic and schizophrenic conditions manifest by then. Of course, by media accounts the CT shooter took his dead mother's guns and used them at the school, so even if she passed such tests, this still would have happened. Again, putting restrictions on people who follow the law does not deter the criminals. Maybe people's ownership rights should be affected if those in their households are diagnosed with mental conditions? I see a million flaws with that, too.

Ultimately I've never heard an argument from the NRA zealots or anti-gun zealots that would address the situation adequately. Confiscation wouldn't work, neither would unbridled availability. I would hope we all recognize the situation now is flawed.

Unfortunately, the status quo sucks for those families in CT. I can't even imagine.

Of course you're being sarcastic, right?

I'm being hopeful. I've been defending the 2nd amendment since yesterday afternoon and I feel like my head is about to pop. This is different, you're right. I honestly think this is the beginning of something big. But an all out gun grab won't happen, that would lead to civil war. Forums across the internet are blazing with gun control FIGHTS. People are feeling very strongly about this, I know I am. These senseless acts of violence are why they're after our right to bear arms but that's also the reason why we need that right more then ever.

I hope that when peoples' emotions calm down they can see that attacking the 2nd amendment is exactly the opposite of what should be done. I guess we just have to do our part and spread the word and wait out the storm. Hopefully no real damage is done.

Like the others here who live in CA, I'm probably much more familiar with limitations on second amendment rights than the majority of forum members.

I know it's probably not a popular opinion on a gun forum, but I'm all for adding hurdles and restrictions on ownership if it meant that a sane, rational, well-intentioned person would have their full 2nd amendment rights as recognized by most of the non-restrictive states. I'd gladly take a routine psych exam, in-person safety training and tests, deeper background check, etc., if it meant that I could have an AR without a bullet button, no 10-round mag limits, and the right to carry. It'd even be nice if I could add a collapsible stock on my Benelli, or--god forbid--even buy one with

Last night I read a post from someone on CNN who thought the age of ownership should be raised to late 20s, because most psychotic and schizophrenic conditions manifest by then. Of course, by media accounts the CT shooter took his dead mother's guns and used them at the school, so even if she passed such tests, this still would have happened. Again, putting restrictions on people who follow the law does not deter the criminals. Maybe people's ownership rights should be affected if those in their households are diagnosed with mental conditions? I see a million flaws with that, too.

Ultimately I've never heard an argument from the NRA zealots or anti-gun zealots that would address the situation adequately. Confiscation wouldn't work, neither would unbridled availability. I would hope we all recognize the situation now is flawed.

Unfortunately, the status quo sucks for those families in CT. I can't even imagine.

This is sad to see. A living example of the government's intentions. One step at a time so people would gladly lighten their load by emptying their pockets of their rights a little here and a little there to make the march a little easier. Until they have nothing left.

But an all out gun grab won't happen, that would lead to civil war.

The Communists have no issues at all with genocide, so a civil war would actually work out well for them. In the 20th century Communists killed well over 100 million without any remorse or regret whatsoever (estimates range from 135 million to 150 million killed by the Communists).

You do know that Communist in Chief Zero's ideological father was card carrying Communist Frank Marshall Davis, right? He proclaimed Davis his 'mentor' during his formative years from 11 until his late teens (Zero referred to him as "Frank" in his memoir Dreams From My Father). THEN he hooked up with Communist terrorist William Ayers and his Commie father Thomas Ayers in Chicago.

I suggest you go to youtube and type in 'Yuri Bezmenov' then view the videos you find where Bezmenov was interviewed by G. Edward Griffith (Bezmenov was a former KGB agent who defected to the west and he lays it all out very clearly).

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Who wants to bet this POS was on a laundry list of anti depressants?

The day they order is to seize weapons is the day I resign. I don't think the admin will go that route. It's a bloodbath. I believe they'll restrict transfers and ban future sales of weapons with specific evil features. Basically like how California destroyed the ownership of "assault rifles."

Basically the frog and the pot of water routine. I'm certainly not turning mine in. They can arrest me and give me free Obama care in prison with the 10+ million others who tell our criminal government FU. Overload the already overtaxed legal system. If If I'm in jail, the bank can have my underwater mortgage. Guess I'll stop paying my credit cards too. Come repo my unneeded car while you're at it. Don't mind me if I cancel my health insurance too.

No grand shootouts with the Feds. That's foolish. Leave the violence to our Government. Peaceable dissent is the way to go.

If these people want a real implosion, give it to them.

Who wants to bet this POS was on a laundry list of anti depressants?

The day they order is to seize weapons is the day I resign. I don't think the admin will go that route. It's a bloodbath. I believe they'll restrict transfers and ban future sales of weapons with specific evil features. Basically like how California destroyed the ownership of "assault rifles."

Basically the frog and the pot of water routine. I'm certainly not turning mine in. They can arrest me and give me free Obama care in prison with the 10+ million others who tell our criminal government FU. Overload the already overtaxed legal system. If If I'm in jail, the bank can have my underwater mortgage. Guess I'll stop paying my credit cards too. Come repo my unneeded car while you're at it. Don't mind me if I cancel my health insurance too.

No grand shootouts with the Feds. That's foolish. Leave the violence to our Government. Peaceable dissent is the way to go.

If these people want a real implosion, give it to them.

amen brother.....The vast majority of gun owners are people just like you ! They are responsible, law abiding, citizens! Your guns are LOCKED UP !!

Maybe you are already aware of this but I will post anyway.......

This same thing happened in the UK in 1996, their solution was to completley ban guns. ! The following years (97- 99), gun related crimes almost doubled (89%) Smuggling guns became a new hobby for criminals. Banning guns only "disarmed" the "good guy" IMO, made it easy for criminals!

check this out.........

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=guns%20banned%20in%20uk&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CEQQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-1223193%2FCulture-violence-Gun-crime-goes-89-decade.html&ei=baLNUKPJJain0AH5hYDYDw&usg=AFQjCNGTZ_JcC_36qWSXwHmrEE0eW_gySw&bvm=bv.1355325884,d.dmQ

Edited by Zeke

Evil exists. Evil has no moral standard. Evil takes advantage of the helpless. Evil is done by man with the guiding hand of the devil. Triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Just one good man with a conceal carry could have stopped evil.

There are fire extinguishers positioned all over a school - why shouldn't (adequately vetted and trained) staff have access to the appropriate self-defense weapons - just like fire extinguishers?

The weapons in schools belong on trained adults hips. Kind of like how women shouldn't carry in their purses. Here in Arizona, it is rare to hear around car jackings or robberies because 10 - 15% of the population is armed and it is concealed most of the time. The criminal element is left guessing which person is a sheep and which is a sheep dog. It should be the same in schools. How many events have taken place where one of the administrators had to run to his car to get a weapon, then returned to the shooters location and took them into custody? Having the weapons onsite wouldn't be used to break up the school yard fights. That kind of thinking is akin to how people imagined blood running in the streets when the first CCW laws were enacted.

another option is to hire real security contractors, not rent-a-cops. There is a big difference in training/quality. Real security is expensive. You'd be looking at about a million a year per small school. This would be an excellent opportunity for returning Veterans', but we all know our Government doesn't give a crap about them. All they do is try to exploit tragedies to push their own agenda. "Never let a good tragedy go to waste," is the slogan of comrade Emmanuel's isn't it?

I'd consider having a part of the police station annexed in some schools to keep their presence and proximity up. With scumbags like this clown, they usually focus on what threatens them. I know I'd rather have someone shoot at me than at kids.

This is a real fight for our God given rights.

As has been said in this thread, the gun-phobic crowd is using this unimaginable slaughter to push their agenda forward. It will take a lot of political activism from law abiding gun owners to push back this emotional wave. Call you Congressman and Senator and voice your pro 2nd Amendment opinion.

Tomorrow Zero in Chief wil speak at a memorial ceremony for the lost innocents, the tenor of his teleprompter speech will be indicative of how quickly this WH wants to move their agenda. Watch for some more "Hollywood type tears".

This is a real fight for our God given rights.

As has been said in this thread, the gun-phobic crowd is using this unimaginable slaughter to push their agenda forward. It will take a lot of political activism from law abiding gun owners to push back this emotional wave. Call you Congressman and Senator and voice your pro 2nd Amendment opinion.

Tomorrow Zero in Chief wil speak at a memorial ceremony for the lost innocents, the tenor of his teleprompter speech will be indicative of how quickly this WH wants to move their agenda. Watch for some more "Hollywood type tears".

Zero cries crocodile tears then goes back to his office to make more plans using his 'kill list' to kill more civilians in Pakistan, a country we are supposedly not at war with. Thousands of Pakistanis have been killed via Predator drone strikes including dozens upon dozens of children - are the lives of these little brown children less precious than the ones lost in Connecticut?? Why do we not see the little brown faces of children killed in Pakistan?? (rhetorical question of course) What's even worse, Zero employs a tactic favored by the most evil terrorists to terrorize the Pakistanis - after a drone strike the drone is kept in position for a 'follow-up strike' which ends up killing those who rush to the scene to rescue survivors. All this being done in 'our' name of course.

Now don't forget boys and girls, they hate us because of our freedoms. /sarc

ETA: BTW, Zero who was awarded the Nobel 'Peace' Prize has authorized/conducted SIX TIMES AS MANY drone strikes on Pakistan in four years than GeeDub did in five years.

So the prudent shouldn't believe a single word out of that liar's mouth about him respecting the RKBA, therefore the prudent should act accordingly. If you've been holding off getting that hi-cap (capable) Benelli shotgun now is the time to act to get one while you still can.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan