So Am I correct in assuming that the H2O is just cosmetics?

Hypergunner

Well you are missing a Benelli factory stock, but aside from that, no, not that I am aware of. I guess you need 922r parts, but those don't cost that much. As to the extension, you could just buy a carrier comp tube without the finish and maybe not have to wait as long instead of a tube extension- that is what I would do. Are you set on an NP3 coat? I have 2 POFs. I like them. I like NP3, but I don't really see the need to get my Benelli coated in it. Up to you of course. If I kept my Benelli on a boat or similar environment, I'd NP3 it for sure.

Theoretically, the H2O will function smoother. It will certainly be easier to clean. However, I've heard some owners have had issues with the H2O due to tollerance stacking. Such issues as the shell elevator hanging up. You'd do nearly as well sending a regular M4 off to a place like WMD or Robar and having select parts coated. My friend has his Benelli carrier at WMD guns right now for refinishing.

I just hate to have a weapon down for six weeks. I'm not a fan of the silver finish on the exterior of the weapon. If I did it, I'd have to Cerakote the exterior. If I recall, this is not possible on the NP3 finish.

Theoretically, the H2O will function smoother. It will certainly be easier to clean. However, I've heard some owners have had issues with the H2O due to tollerance stacking. Such issues as the shell elevator hanging up. You'd do nearly as well sending a regular M4 off to a place like WMD or Robar and having select parts coated. My friend has his Benelli carrier at WMD guns right now for refinishing.

Robar is doing the NP3 coating on the H20s by the way.

To address the original post, take a stock M4 ($1,899) and add a full factory full length tube ($300), factory collapsible stock ($450) and NP3 coating ($450) and you'll take it up over $3,000. The list price of the H20 is far less than that (I believe it was $2,269) and I paid even less than that.

Full disclosure: I am still waiting on my H20 from my Benelli dealer, I ordered one from them (just before SHOT and before this dealer even knew they existed which was just prior to Benelli's official press release) and based on a recent letter from Benelli to my dealer, it isn't looking terribly optimistic that all of the original initial orders will be filled but I am still hopeful.