I find this kind of odd.......

Zeke

Sorry for dragging this on...

But in last weeks shootings did any of you guys catch the first initial reports stating that an AR15 was reportedly found by athorities in the shooters car. Then 1.5- 2 days later, the coroner reported that all victoms were killed by an AR15 (.223) First reports also stated that the gunman used a Glock/Sig 9mm in the slayings. This seems kind of fishy to me that authorities would report a finding of an AR in the perpertraitors car then all of the sudden be quiet about it?? WTF?? anybody else catch this??

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=first%20reports%20of%20connecticut%20shootings&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQ-AsoAzAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2Fblogs%2Fheadlines%2F2012%2F12%2Flive-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting%2F&ei=7pLVUKirEOuz0QGb9YDoDA&usg=AFQjCNG8jXin0x21mq4SKADv5u1D_AfLTw&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dmQ

Sorry for dragging this on...

But in last weeks shootings did any of you guys catch the first initial reports stating that an AR15 was reportedly found by athorities in the shooters car. Then 1.5- 2 days later, the coroner reported that all victoms were killed by an AR15 (.223) First reports also stated that the gunman used a Glock/Sig 9mm in the slayings. This seems kind of fishy to me that authorities would report a finding of an AR in the perpertraitors car then all of the sudden be quiet about it?? WTF?? anybody else catch this??

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=first%20reports%20of%20connecticut%20shootings&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQ-AsoAzAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2Fblogs%2Fheadlines%2F2012%2F12%2Flive-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting%2F&ei=7pLVUKirEOuz0QGb9YDoDA&usg=AFQjCNG8jXin0x21mq4SKADv5u1D_AfLTw&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dmQ

Yes, initially the reports were all over the board. The news conference, I heard CT State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance: he used a Glock 10-millimeter handgun to shoot himself in the head. He also carried at 9mm Sig Sauer and he didn't ID the type of shotgun located in the car. The Bushmaster was used to kill the children. He said at his next news conference, he would supply the history of each weapon.

Not too hijack your thread, since the shooting the libs are calling for all types of draconian legislation. The following article is a great read:

Why Not Renew the “Assault Weapons” Ban? Well, I’ll Tell You…

It’s not easy being a leftist who loves guns. It’s like being a Republican who listens to NPR or supports single payer health care. But being a leftist, I get exposed to all the liberal publications and media that invariably call for gun control every time someone does something stupid with one. Being a gun enthusiast, I also get exposed to the political Right’s oversimplification of those liberals as somehow lacking moral fiber or true appreciation of freedom. Rather than agreeing with both, I tend to end up arguing with both. It’s exhausting to always feel like I’m apologizing for the other “side”.

This article takes a point of view, but aims to do so in a way that members of both sides of the political spectrum can understand. I’ll try to give some idea as to why we on the political left roll our eyes at the rhetoric of the NRA, and how we in the “gun culture” can possibly defend something called “assault weapons”.

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/why-not-renew-the-assault-weapons-ban-well-ill-tell-you/

I didnt read anything about a shotgun, my link shows incidents being reported as they happened throughout the day and here is the part about the rifle being found in his car by authorities. This was at 6:25 pm.

6:25 p.m.: Nancy Lanza, mother of gunman Adam Lanza, was found dead in her Connecticut home. The 20-year-old man, shot her in the face, authorities told ABC News. Following the murder of his mother, Lanza, carrying at least two semi-automatic pistols and an automatic rifle, drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., where his mother worked. There he killed 20 children and six adults. Lanza was found dead in the school with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The rifle was found in his car, authorities said.

I'm wondering if an AR was even used in this attack, is this some kind of make believe story by our government to just simply get support from the public by blaming an assault weapon on this?? There are no witnesses, just a kid that escaped. How convenient? Sounds kind of fishy to me.........

Edited by Zeke

I didnt read anything about a shotgun, my link shows incidents being reported as they happened throughout the day and here is the part about the rifle being found in his car by authorities. This was at 6:25 pm.

6:25 p.m.: Nancy Lanza, mother of gunman Adam Lanza, was found dead in her Connecticut home. The 20-year-old man, shot her in the face, authorities told ABC News. Following the murder of his mother, Lanza, carrying at least two semi-automatic pistols and an automatic rifle, drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., where his mother worked. There he killed 20 children and six adults. Lanza was found dead in the school with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The rifle was found in his car, authorities said.

I'm wondering if an AR was even used in this attack, is this some kind of make believe story by our government to just simply get support from the public by blaming an assault weapon on this?? There are no witnesses, just a kid that escaped. How convenient? Sounds kind of fishy to me.........

The Vice Principal was shot in the foot and is a 'living' witness.

Another anomaly: if one is intent upon suicide, why be the least bit concerned with one's computer hard drive and take such pains to obliterate it??? And WHY would the LEOs on the scene wait several hours to check the contents of the car (refer to the video showing them taking a shotgun out of the car's trunk after sunset)??? This really makes NO SENSE being that the car could conceivably had an IED in it, and therefore would have been searched as one of the very first things done to 'secure the scene'. (afterall, the car WAS parked very close to the front entrance where the first responders were coming and going) Way too many other anomalies and inconsistencies with the 'official story'. I'm not saying the official story isn't plausible, I'm just saying that there's a whole lot of stuff which is incongruent and that's very troubling.

Another anomaly: if one is intent upon suicide, why be the least bit concerned with one's computer hard drive and take such pains to obliterate it??? And WHY would the LEOs on the scene wait several hours to check the contents of the car (refer to the video showing them taking a shotgun out of the car's trunk after sunset)??? This really makes NO SENSE being that the car could conceivably had an IED in it, and therefore would have been searched as one of the very first things done to 'secure the scene'. (afterall, the car WAS parked very close to the front entrance where the first responders were coming and going) Way too many other anomalies and inconsistencies with the 'official story'. I'm not saying the official story isn't plausible, I'm just saying that there's a whole lot of stuff which is incongruent and that's very troubling.

yah ...it shows the agent racking the gun several times, article states that this is destroying the evidence before it has been completely examined. Doesnt makes sense !