Super Vinci vs. sbe II

Claydavison

I'm having trouble deciding whether I want to buy the sbe II or the super Vinci. I know that they are both great guns, ad everyone has a personal opinion but I want to know what I will be happiest with. I mostly hunt waterfowl but I sometimes hunt upland game. I've heard sbe lovers say one is better than the other, and the Vinci jams up and I've also heard Vinci lovers say the same about the sbe. Are any of these true?

Go to the store and handle the two guns--I personally am not fond of the Vinci feel. They're great guns, as typical of any Benelli autoloader, but they just don't point as naturally or feel "right" for me.

If I were you, I'd go with the SBE II, but it's all a matter of whether the quick take-down, modular system of the Vinci has any value for you--for me it doesn't. My guns are either in a full-sized case or in the safe, I don't have to break em down often.

Edited by lugie

What are major differences between the vinci and the super vinci with the exception of the 3 1/2 in shells.

There's no difference with 3 1/2 shells. They both shoot 3.5" unless you go with the regular Vinci which only shoots 3". The S Vinci is faster for take down and reassemble hence faster to clean. However, I have no complaints about taking down my SBE as it's very easy and fairly fast to clean. For me, the SBE II shoulders better and feels better and never had mine jam. I think the Vinci cycles a bit faster but not enough to notice IMO. If you shoot 1 1/8 oz shot + and keep it clean and well maintained, neither should jam. If they do, and some have, call Benelli Customer service to have the issue addressed.

Both are top notch and to me it's more of a preference in a personal way. Camo is easier to maintain also BTW.

Good luck with your choice.

J

Where are you shopping and what are the exact prices? Everywhere I've been the Super Vinci's and the SBE II's are the same price. On the Benelli website they are also listed with the same MSRP.

No I know the sbe and the super vinci are the same price. I'm taking about the super vinci compared to the vinci

There's no difference with 3 1/2 shells. They both shoot 3.5" unless you go with the regular Vinci which only shoots 3". The S Vinci is faster for take down and reassemble hence faster to clean. However, I have no complaints about taking down my SBE as it's very easy and fairly fast to clean. For me, the SBE II shoulders better and feels better and never had mine jam. I think the Vinci cycles a bit faster but not enough to notice IMO. If you shoot 1 1/8 oz shot + and keep it clean and well maintained, neither should jam. If they do, and some have, call Benelli Customer service to have the issue addressed.

Both are top notch and to me it's more of a preference in a personal way. Camo is easier to maintain also BTW.

Good luck with your choice.

J

i was planning on realtree Max-4 no matter what gun I choose .

No I know the sbe and the super vinci are the same price. I'm taking about the super vinci compared to the vinci

Ahhh...the Super Vinci has a redesigned trigger guard as well to help the problem some people had with the Vinci being a knuckle bruiser and the safety is larger

IMO if you aren't planning on doing a lot of goose hunting (or maybe turkey? don't know since I don't do any) there is not as much purpose to getting the one of the "Super's" with the magnum chamber. I don't do either of those yet, but plan on it in the future so I'm shopping for a gun that will take 3.5s