WTB: M4 Tactical Standard Synthetic Stock

jsn124

Hey everyone, happy holidays and new to the forum here. Learning lots of stuff! I'm going to be a new owner of an M4 but I'm looking to get the standard stock. Can't seem to find any on the usual channels.

looking to get feedback on preference versus a pistol grip style. I was wondering since they seem hard to find if this was due to popularity, etc.

Edited by jsn124
Clarify purpose of thread

You want the regular M4 stock? I'm happy to sell you mine but you may be better off buying the Mesa Tactical Urbino if you want a fixed stock. The length of pull is an inch shorter (or maybe 1.5 inches, I can't remember) and a better fit for most people. It also shortens the gun overall, makes it a bit more handy.

After you get used to it the PG is great! Using it at the short position is perfect for tactical indoor. here's mine:

It's the LE configuration with an aimpoint micro T1 on a KAC's mount, the surefire forehand grip, magpul angled afg2 and kellan remote control flashlight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1851[/ATTACH]

After you get used to it the PG is great! Using it at the short position is perfect for tactical indoor. here's mine:

It's the LE configuration with an aimpoint micro T1 on a KAC's mount, the surefire forehand grip, magpul angled afg2 and kellan remote control flashlight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1851[/ATTACH]

Red Ed,

Fantastic setup!

I'm definitely going to give the pistol grip stock a good run and really feel it out. I'm sure its fantastic and I appreciate the thoughts others have shared with their experience using both types. For some reason if the field stock ends up the right "fit" for me I'm going to watch the Benelli store as XTrooper pointed out.

I've always preferred a field stock, however someone on this forum pointed out that a PG makes it easier to weld the shotgun one-handed vs. the field stock. I compared the purchases on both styles of stocks, and sure enough that was the case.

It's easier to wield one-handed with a pistol grip until you have to do something besides shoot it. :D

Seriously, I still prefer a standard stock.

First, I find I can rotate the gun both easier and farther with a standard versus a pistol grip stock which aids in reloading. This is because your hand is closer to the axis of the gun. Second, I find it much easier to accomplish incapacitation drills with a standard stock. To move your hand from the pistol grip to the receiver to manipulate the charging handle (or up to the forend in the case of a pump gun) and back is a slower, clumsier proposition compared to simply sliding your hand up the unobstructed path from the standard stock's grip to the receiver (or forend) and back.

That said, I'm not dogmatic and people should use whatever hardware and whatever techniques work best for them.

hi xtrooper

looks like a burris fastfire on the rail, i have them on my both my ar-15's with the XTR-14, and was thinking about adding one to my new M4 but thought the profile on the fastfire might be too low. how do you like it what is youe opinion????

I love my Burris FastFire III optics so much I have them on all three of my tactical shotguns. I use the 8 MOA version on the shotguns. They are fast on target, hold their zero, and, in my experience with them, have held up to the recoil of literally thousands of 12 gauge shells. I'm sold on them.