Feinstein wants you to register your Benelli shotguns under the NFA

Sukhoi_fan

According to Fineswine's proposed bill mini-shells will subject your Benelli shotgun (and many other shotguns) to NFA rules (since the mag capacity could be increased to more than 10 rounds). (btw, this proposed bill ELIMINATES the possibility of future transfers, e.g. as is currently done with NFA weapons - the ONLY transfer allowed will be to turn into the govt.)

5966d1252883005-mini-shells-agui12ms75.jpg

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Thanks for posting Sukhoi!!...I just used the links and message in the MAC video to write my Senators, Reps and the Prez it only takes a couple minutes, I hope everyone else is doing the same....We really have to make some noise about this one.

Here's the link to send messages quick and easy, it routes to the appropriate official based on your zip code:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

Here is the sample letter he provided that you can copy/paste:

Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful, please. Make committing the insane easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

Thank you.

Take Care,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster

these will fit in shotguns designed to take 2 3/4 or 3 " shells/?

YMMV as to whether or not your particular shotgun will cycle mini-shells, what matters is that if the tube mag on your shotgun will hold 6 or more 2.75" rounds (e.g. a nearly 100 y.o. Winchester Model 12) then it will hold at least 11 mini-shells (the fact that your shotgun won't cycle mini-shells is inconsequential).

good letter hooker but no way they are gonna commit people that takes $$$$$$$$$$$$ they wanna tax our ammo and make cash not spend it!

This isn't a political comment I am about to make but a fact. They want to tax us and spend even more (look at the current deficit spending). Here is my opinion, I believe they will tax ammo and gun sales in create more bureaucracy in excess of the new taxes they will try to generate by strangling us.

The letter I sent to my representatives:

Hello. I am a retired New Jersey State Trooper and strongly oppose Senator Feinstein's proposed "assault weapon" ban that she has indicated she will introduce in the Senate in January.

Having spent most of my adult life as a law enforcement officer in a state with very strict gun laws AND an existing assault weapon ban, I can speak with authority when I say that such laws do nothing to prevent or curb violent criminal acts like the murder of those innocent school children in Connecticut. Ironically, Connecticut too has an existing assault weapon ban that has been in force since 1993. All these laws accomplish is to punish law-abiding citizens by putting onerous conditions on their right to own the firearms of their choice. These people and the weapons they own are not who should be targeted with ever more restrictive laws. The tools of the criminal are not the problem; it's the criminals themselves that need to be targeted and better controlled.

If we as a nation and you as our elected representative are serious about preventing tragedies like the Connecticut school shooting, you should be working to put trained, armed personnel in our schools, "hardening" our school campuses with proven protective measures like the security fences which have been used so successfully in Israel, and making serious changes to how we treat those mentally ill individuals who have been identified as dangerous to themselves or others. Arming professional school resource officers, hardening school campuses, and making it easier to involuntarily commit dangerous mental patients (something that has become virtually impossible to do today), these are the plans we should be implementing because they will have an actual effect on limiting future tragedies. This is in contrast to laws that attempt to control the madman's tool rather than the madman himself like the previous failed Federal assault weapon ban in the middle of which we suffered the Columbine tragedy.

In closing, I strongly urge you to oppose Senator Feinstein's and all other proposed legislation that would restrict, in any way, the right of law-abiding citizens to own any firearms that they are currently able to own. My family, my friends, and I are passionately opposed to any such measures and we vote based on this passion.

Thank you for your time and God bless the United States of America.

The letter I sent to my representatives:

Hello. I am a retired New Jersey State Trooper and strongly oppose Senator Feinstein's proposed "assault weapon" ban that she has indicated she will introduce in the Senate in January.

Having spent most of my adult life as a law enforcement officer in a state with very strict gun laws AND an existing assault weapon ban, I can speak with authority when I say that such laws do nothing to prevent or curb violent criminal acts like the murder of those innocent school children in Connecticut. Ironically, Connecticut too has an existing assault weapon ban that has been in force since 1993. All these laws accomplish is to punish law-abiding citizens by putting onerous conditions on their right to own the firearms of their choice. These people and the weapons they own are not who should be targeted with ever more restrictive laws. The tools of the criminal are not the problem; it's the criminals themselves that need to be targeted and better controlled.

If we as a nation and you as our elected representative are serious about preventing tragedies like the Connecticut school shooting, you should be working to put trained, armed personnel in our schools, "hardening" our school campuses with proven protective measures like the security fences which have been used so successfully in Israel, and making serious changes to how we treat those mentally ill individuals who have been identified as dangerous to themselves or others. Arming professional school resource officers, hardening school campuses, and making it easier to involuntarily commit dangerous mental patients (something that has become virtually impossible to do today), these are the plans we should be implementing because they will have an actual effect on limiting future tragedies. This is in contrast to laws that attempt to control the madman's tool rather than the madman himself like the previous failed Federal assault weapon ban in the middle of which we suffered the Columbine tragedy.

In closing, I strongly urge you to oppose Senator Feinstein's and all other proposed legislation that would restrict, in any way, the right of law-abiding citizens to own any firearms that they are currently able to own. My family, my friends, and I are passionately opposed to any such measures and we vote based on this passion.

Thank you for your time and God bless the United States of America.

Very well written! I might steal your letter with your permission =)

YMMV as to whether or not your particular shotgun will cycle mini-shells, what matters is that if the tube mag on your shotgun will hold 6 or more 2.75" rounds (e.g. a nearly 100 y.o. Winchester Model 12) then it will hold at least 11 mini-shells (the fact that your shotgun won't cycle mini-shells is inconsequential).

While this "may" be true, it's conjecture at this juncture, and, though I may be too optimistic, I think this would be too much of a stretch even for the ATF regulators. My shotgun was designed for 2 3/4" and 3" shells; it says as much on the barrel. Further, part of this law includes a long list of "sporting arms" that will be exempted by name. Any semi-auto shotguns on this list could be made to hold more than 10 of these mini-shells which would put their exemption at odds with this premise.

In any case, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. My hope is that no new AWB becomes law.

This isn't a political comment I am about to make but a fact. They want to tax us and spend even more (look at the current deficit spending). Here is my opinion, I believe they will tax ammo and gun sales in create more bureaucracy in excess of the new taxes they will try to generate by strangling us.

I am sorry I agree what you said! I ment they dont wanna spend on commiting the mentally ill

I am sorry I agree what you said! I ment they dont wanna spend on commiting the mentally ill

You're absolutely correct. They can't continue to buy votes with their plethora of giveaway programs if they're wasting money on school security measures and our mental health system.

When I was young, there were state asylums everywhere and the authorities kept them filled. Today the pendulum has swung completely the other way and now we live in a society where madmen are treated at normal people with "rights" who can refuse treatment, and, until they actually kill or maim, they can't be committed. Every one of the last several mass killers had one thing in common; they all had a history of mental illness. Our mental health system is a failure and needs immediate attention.

Thanks, Hookster. Unfortunately, I think politicians are more interested in quantity than content so I hope everyone sends their views in.

Awesome letter... I will not only send this in, but I will forward to my buddies as well !! Thank you very much !

Thanks, Hookster. Unfortunately, I think politicians are more interested in quantity than content so I hope everyone sends their views in.

Steve, thank you for writing this! Fantastic letter. I also submitted a note to my representatives and remaining hopeful for a positive outcome. Happy New Year.