Recoil pad removal?

bcruze

I'm planning on replacing my stock recoil pad with a Limbsaver. Does anyone have any idea what size/type screw is behind those tiny holes in the stock recoil pad (it's a SNT collapsible, but I assume they're all the same)? Feels like a philips but I don't want to strip it out trying to unscrew it and would rather have the correct size. Thanks in advance!

Yes, it's a phillips head. I always use a medium size screwdriver, large enough to engage the head properly, small enough to get into the holes of the pad. Rub a little oil/vaseline/grease on the screwdriver shaft. It will go in and out easier without damaging the pad.

Never a bad idea to go to the source. However, all Benelli snap-on butt pads I have encountered are on field or non-collapsible pistol grip stocks. None of those have little holes at each end. Those holes being present are probably a good indication of screws back there. However, I have not encountered every Benelli out there and they have been known to change things without telling us.