SNT collapsible stock removal?

Urbansherpa

Subsequent to my previous post I a trading buttstocks with a forum member. I'm getting his Comfortech for my collapsible. Can anyone tell me the correct procedure to get the stock off? The manual is not with me right now, but I seem to remember it saying to "push the button REAL hard" and it should come off. Any other tricks to accomplishing this?

Thanks

Thanks for the advise, I wasn't about to hammer a Benelli backwards to get the stock off. Turns out there is a hex screw within the buttstock. I took it out and things went much easier. Honestly, after seeing that hex screw I don't think a mallet would have made a difference. Thanks for the advise, though.

Thanks for the advise, I wasn't about to hammer a Benelli backwards to get the stock off. Turns out there is a hex screw within the buttstock. I took it out and things went much easier. Honestly, after seeing that hex screw I don't think a mallet would have made a difference. Thanks for the advise, though.

did you reattach that hex screw once the stock was on?

did you reattach that hex screw once the stock was on?

I took the buttstock off after discovering the hex needed to be backed out. I then reinstalled the hex as I am giving it to another forum member. He's giving me his Comfortech in return. It is more in keeping with my needs. I didn't realize until reading posts here how 'in demand' the collapsible stock is in the USA. (I live in Canuckistan). Over this side of the border the gun laws are different.....some better, and some worse. A collapsible stock on my 14" barrel SG is not a problem. I put the money down and walk out 5 minutes later. We are both getting a great deal!