Which is better?

PCFIVEZ

Two things. That Briley unit is for the M4. If I remember correctly, the OP has a Super Nova. Also, it is not a +2 magazine extension as they explain in the description. http://www.briley.com/magazineextensionbarrelclamp-1.aspx

Nordic Components parts are high-quality. Factory or NC; they're both excellent.

Edited by XTrooper

Regarding the Briley unit, If I'm reading that correctly it's just something that slips over the stock mag tube so the rail attatchment can be fitted?

No, it looks to me like it replaces the factory "fake" extension, but it too is not a mag extension, just a filler tube for the rail attachment.

The Briley one is a magazine tube extension , it screws on where the Benelli factory mag tube cap goes and adds extra rounds . Mine adds +2 for 7 total in tube and one in the chamber. The rails are great as I have a Streamlight on it. The Briley comes with their own follower and new spring. It is a great addition to a HD weapon .I own a SN and Briley makes one for this gun as well a other models.

Two things. That Briley unit is for the M4. If I remember correctly, the OP has a Super Nova. Also, it is not a +2 magazine extension as they explain in the description. http://www.briley.com/magazineextensionbarrelclamp-1.aspx

The Briley one is a magazine tube extension , it screws on where the Benelli factory mag tube cap goes and adds extra rounds . Mine adds +2 for 7 total in tube and one in the chamber. The rails are great as I have a Streamlight on it. The Briley comes with their own follower and new spring. It is a great addition to a HD weapon .I own a SN and Briley makes one for this gun as well a other models.

You must have a different one than what Briley has in that link above, the description clearly states "This item is not a magazine extension."

I have Nordic and OEM. In terms of quality and function, there is no discernable difference. A new follower isn't really needed but not necessarily a bad idea. Not sure what you mean by "cut the spring". Not sure about the SN but the +2 OEM extensions on my M1's use the standard spring. Aftermarket springs are usually way too long and would require cutting to proper length.

Edited by truckcop

I have Nordic and OEM. In terms of quality and function, there is no discernable difference. A new follower isn't really needed but not necessarily a bad idea. Not sure what you mean by "cut the spring". Not sure about the SN but the +2 OEM extensions on my M1's use the standard spring. Aftermarket springs are usually way too long and would require cutting to proper length.

from what I've been reading on the internet people have been cutting the spring 16" past the barrel on the nordic components mag extensions. i hope i don't have to do any cutting with the factory extension.