Benelli M4 Recoil Pad

XTrooper

Hey XTrooper,

I found Numrich to be pretty good with parts in stock. Some might be at higher premium but they have the recoil pad and the price doesn't seem too bad. Check them it out here: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/740570B.htm

Also, its odd because when I go to Super90 (M4) the actual listing says M1/M3. Maybe give them a quick call/e-mail to confirm. It looks correct though.

If you're looking to change out the one on your M4 w/standard stock, I believe the M4 pad is the same as the older M1's. They're both screw-on and looking at mine they're the same dimensions and the screw holes seem to be in the same places.

Top pad in each pic is off an old M1 standard plastic stock. Bottom pad is off a new plastic pistol-grip M4 stock (non-collapsible). I can put the new M4 pad on the old M1 stock and vice-versa. If you're looking to change to something like a limbsaver I don't see why the one for a M1 wouldn't work. (these are take-offs I have laying around. I prefer not to take them off my guns willy-nilly since I believe the plastic stock screw holes have a finite number of screw-ins/screw-outs before the threads blow out)

BenelliRecoilPads-1.jpg

BenelliRecoilPads-2.jpg

Edited by truckcop

Thank you, gentlemen.

truckcop: Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking to do. I have the standard (non-pistol grip) stock on my M4 and would like to swap out the "hard as a rock" stock pad with something a little more shooter-friendly. That would be awesome if you could confirm, amigo. Gracias!

Well, the reason I have that M1 pad laying around is I replaced it with a limbsaver so it stands to reason that if my old M1 pad will fit on a newer M4 stock, a M1 limbsaver will fit on the M4. At least I think my logic is correct there although my wife would probably tell you that logic and my thought processes are mutually exclusive.

Edited by truckcop

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

So, before I order stuff that won't work, I understand that you can install a Limbsaver recoil pad on an M4 pistol grip stock if you install this Noveske adapter plate?

Is this the correct recoil pad to use on a pistol grip stock?

http://www.nokick.com/Precision_Fit_Pad_Benelli_M1_Tactical_p/ls-10403.htm

Anyone do it? Problems? Issues?

http://www.shopnoveske.com/collections/parts/products/benelli-recoil-pad-adapter

Edited by Evolution

You can use the limbsaver with the Noveske adapter on the NON-COLLAPSIBLE stock.

However, if you got the collapsible stock, it will no longer collapse past the longest rod with the Noveske adapter installed. (Ask me how i know....cause I do)

So, before I order stuff that won't work, I understand that you can install a Limbsaver recoil pad on an M4 pistol grip stock if you install this Noveske adapter plate?

Is this the correct recoil pad to use on a pistol grip stock?

http://www.nokick.com/Precision_Fit_Pad_Benelli_M1_Tactical_p/ls-10403.htm

Anyone do it? Problems? Issues?

http://www.shopnoveske.com/collections/parts/products/benelli-recoil-pad-adapter

You can use the limbsaver with the Noveske adapter on the NON-COLLAPSIBLE stock.

However, if you got the collapsible stock, it will no longer collapse past the longest rod with the Noveske adapter installed. (Ask me how i know....cause I do)

Ok fine. I have the standard PG stock, not the C stock. How does the OEM recoil pad come off?

Edited by Evolution

Ok fine. I have the standard PG stock, not the C stock. How does the OEM recoil pad come off?

Oh yet another lesson learned!

Two tiny tiny little holes in the buttpad of your stock. A phillips screw about 3/4" deep in each hole. It strips easily, do not use any loctite for reassembly.

It does help to put a drop of oil in before removal and before re-insertion to not mess up the rubber. I would not attempt to remove the screws from the buttpad, just unscrew straight from teh stock. You can get a replacement buttpad and screws (about $75 total, ask me how I know...because I do)

Also, from what I remember, the Noveske plate tends to not line up perfectly, so you may have to file it down a tad

Also, the best limbsaver pad you can get is a close fit, but will still have a couple of small plastic humps that reside on either side of the stock

Oh yet another lesson learned!

Two tiny tiny little holes in the buttpad of your stock. A phillips screw about 3/4" deep in each hole. It strips easily, do not use any loctite for reassembly.

It does help to put a drop of oil in before removal and before re-insertion to not mess up the rubber. I would not attempt to remove the screws from the buttpad, just unscrew straight from teh stock. You can get a replacement buttpad and screws (about $75 total, ask me how I know...because I do)

Also, from what I remember, the Noveske plate tends to not line up perfectly, so you may have to file it down a tad

Also, the best limbsaver pad you can get is a close fit, but will still have a couple of small plastic humps that reside on either side of the stock

Excellent! Exactly the kind of info that I was looking for. Thank you!