Protect your 2nd Amendment Rights - Ruger has an easy way to contact govt representat

tactical1

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Dear (Recipient),

I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner.

I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful and responsible owners like me are misguided. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004?

Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). Do NOT pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.

I am your constituent and I vote. Please represent me.

Sincerely,

(Your Contact Information

And follow-up with emails to your Congressional and State representatives. Here's mine:

"Dear Congressman X and Senators Y and Z,

In regard to current gun control discussions post Sandy Hook tragedy, there is a strong consensus that guns in the hands of criminals (including terrorists) and the mentally unstable is the problem in regard to mass shooting, home evasion, armed burglary, random shooting and many other firearm felonies.

Taking away firearms from law-abiding citizens will not fix criminal activity and the mentally ill. If this concept was viable, then places like Chicago, Washington DC and Los Angeles would have the lowest gun-violence occurrences within the United States.

If the Democrats get their anti-gun/anti-2nd amendment agenda through Congress, the universal human right to self-defense, the constitutional right to keep and bear arms, the inherent right of a sportsman to hunt, the right of free people to enjoy competitive marksmanship events, and the opportunity for hobby gun collecting will either be severely curtailed or eliminated. If you think I might be a little paranoid about elimination, then why do I hear politicians talking about “confiscating” firearms?

Public figures are armed or have armed body guards. They need this protection because their current position makes them vulnerable. I agree that any position or situation that could place a person in harms way should have the means to effectively protect themselves. There are many examples of vulnerability scenarios; too many to list in this email. I will provide just one example to make my point. I’m a 30-yr veteran, well versed in firearms and self-defense; however, I am also a senior citizen with gray hair and all. The FBI says my senior citizen demographic is vulnerable to violent criminal activities due to the criminal’s perception we are weak and slow. I can’t afford armed body guards so I have to depend on self-defense while vulnerable and in harms way. If the Democrats eliminate or restrict my access to firearms (semi-auto, magazine capacity, etc), then why would public figures continue to have access to all types and capacities of firearms, including automatic weapons? There is a reason that security experts carry semi-auto weapons and large capacity magazines because they know how fire-fights with criminals/terrorist and the mentally unstable actually unfold. You don’t want parity in a fire-fight when your life is at stake, you want unfair advantage.

The amount of misinformation being disseminated inadvertently or on purpose about firearms and the current firearm laws is alarming. The media is the worst offender on ignorance and politicians are the worst on distorted rhetoric; neither group interested in being educated. This misinformation is generated to promote fear. Fear will create emotional and illogical actions – universally known as coercive propaganda. Allowing legislative decision making (or worse, Presidential Executive Orders) based on propaganda reminds me of several horrific historical events in the 19th and 20th centuries.

One additional point concerning the rhetoric about military type weapons not being what our founders had in mind with the 2nd Amendment. On 15 December 1797 (ratification of the Bill of Rights), the firearm most owned by citizens was the .75 caliber flintlock Brown Bess long rifle which was also used by the United States Army (formed in 1796). The Brown Bess, in its time, was the best firearm for self-defense, hunting, long-range precision shooting, marksmanship competition and an heirloom handed down to family members.

Our founders knew that eventually government would try to restrict US Citizen’s rights through excessive or unwarranted taxation and regulation, effectually removing rights. We all have to remember our 2nd Amendment includes protection of citizens from governmental tyranny. To prevent tyrannical behavior, our founders wisely ratified the Bill of Rights stating these are the rights of the people not the rights of government.

Thanks for your service to this great Country,

Don"

Edited by Don Randall

Great letter Don!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................... :)

Hey Hookster

Do you think California/Fienstien will do something simular to what New York State/Cuomo just signed? This Sucks!! I live in Northern Pa, and I actually work in NYS. Everyone there is stating that No Way in **** will they register their current banned weapons.

In PA where I live, is kind of being silent right now, outside of Philidelphia there isnt much gun violence as many states have. Its pretty funny what Cuomo signed, its ok to have a 10 rd mag, just dont put more than 7 rds in it. If you do, you can be arrested for a misdemeanor.

I sure hope not!!!!....I don't think it will come to that but I can see some other states getting closer to what the laws here are currently like. Things aren't looking to good in Hawaii right now....We will all just have to keep fighting the good fight and make sure our voices are heard. I hope everyone here has written/emailed/called their employees (aka Senators and Reps)

Cya,

Hookster :)

Most know the 2nd Amendment – Right to Bear Arms

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

What many don’t know is the rationale for it’s placement before the 3rd Amendment – Quartering of Soldiers

“No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.”

History has shown these two issues are inextricably linked!

Absent the 2nd Amendment .......it's pretty hard to enforce the 3rd !

I would suggest changing the word "Democrats" to "Anti Gun Lobby" or something similar. Remember, this letter will be going to members of both parties. While the party seems to toe the line overall, not all Dems are anti gun and also some Repubs side with the anti gun.

If this were strictly divided across party lines there would be no need to send to Rebubs in the first place.

Personally, I consider myself Independent. I happen to side with the Dems on many issues, but the Gun control issue is one that I do not.

It's a done deal in NYS. Done! Does anyone know of any kind of petition by our representatives? I have heard nothing

of substance on this that could possible overturn that ridiculous bill just signed.

Check this out.........http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=f302e591ab315d23c1f75a834ae4824e&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.titantalk.com%2Fforums%2Foff-topic-discussion%2F155518-come-take.html&v=1&libid=1359369929277&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nypost.com%2Fp%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fhit_us_with_your_best_shot_andy_5rxZg0gYBJJhkLBtiTPMfJ&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.titantalk.com%2Fforums%2Foff-topic-discussion%2F&title=come%20and%20take%20it%20-%20Nissan%20Titan%20Forum&txt=Inside%20Albany%3A%20Gun%20owners%20plan%20boycott%20of%20Cuomo%20laws%20-%20NYPOST.com&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13593701717966