Factory +2 Mag Extension Intsall for SUPERNOVA

PCFIVEZ

Does anybody here know how to install this thing properly? Is it plug and play or will it need some spring cutting? I assume no cutting involved because it is new from the Benelli factory...but I am only assuming.

Are there any walkthru's anywhere on the net regarding the installation of the factory extensions (NOT NORDIC EXTENSIONS!) ?:confused:

Are you talking about the spring retainer that came with your Supernova? That is just there to prevent the spring from popping out on you when you removed the cap. Now that you're adding an extension, that has to go so the longer spring and additional shells can go in there. That retainer is now replaced by the new cap piece in your extension kit.

Here's another picture.

2830_165_48-magazinverl-ngerung-benelli-supernova.jpg

You reuse your follower. I don't think you'll need to cut the spring with the Benelli kit, but just load it up and test it out. Too long of a spring will cause it to jam because of too much spring force, so you'll have to trim it down little by little. Hopefully Benelli already figured all that out with their kits.

Are you talking about the spring retainer that came with your Supernova? That is just there to prevent the spring from popping out on you when you removed the cap. Now that you're adding an extension, that has to go so the longer spring and additional shells can go in there. That retainer is now replaced by the new cap piece in your extension kit. Here's another picture. 2830_165_48-magazinverl-ngerung-benelli-supernova.jpg You reuse your follower. I don't think you'll need to cut the spring with the Benelli kit, but just load it up and test it out. Too long of a spring will cause it to jam because of too much spring force, so you'll have to trim it down little by little. Hopefully Benelli already figured all that out with their kits.
THANK YOU! is there any way i can test it for jams without actually pulling the trigger? will cycling the tube empty be suffice?

• 2 weeks later...