What are the benefits of removing the SUPERNOVA magazine plug?

PCFIVEZ

Dude, you have never loaded up your shotgun huh? That plug keeps you from having more than 2 rounds in the receiver. It's there due to some bird hunting regulations. If you remove that, now you can load additional 2 rounds in there. Now you have a 4+1. It's also explained in your manual.

Dude, you have never loaded up your shotgun huh? That plug keeps you from having more than 2 rounds in the receiver. It's there due to some bird hunting regulations. If you remove that, now you can load additional 2 rounds in there. Now you have a 4+1. It's also explained in your manual.

no, i keep it unloaded and its never been fired. the moment it gets fired somebody has to start bleaching my walls & floors. it's strictly home defense. thank you for the info.

no, i keep it unloaded and its never been fired. the moment it gets fired somebody has to start bleaching my walls & floors. it's strictly home defense. thank you for the info.

Now that there's just funny :rolleyes:. An unloaded shotgun that's used strictly for home defense. What you actually have there is a very expensive club. And not a good one at that. Might I suggest a baseball bat or a golf club. One of those will serve you better.

You accessorized you sg with side saddle shell carrier, mag extension, flashlight, red dot sight and whatever else but haven't fired the thing. You got the order backward. :-)

Just take it to the range and fire the heck out of that thing. Everything else can wait.

When one needs a gun for personal defense one needs it NOW!!! Been there, done that. As has been pointed out, an unloaded (and untest-fired) gun is WORTHLESS for personal defense. FWIW, the gungrabbers think we should keep our guns *safely* locked up "until you 'need' them". (I usually don't keep a round in the chamber, but I DO keep several rounds in the mag.)

BTW, as a 'nam vet friend is fond of saying, "If you find yourself in a fair fight then your tactics suck."

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

Now that there's just funny :rolleyes:. An unloaded shotgun that's used strictly for home defense. What you actually have there is a very expensive club. And not a good one at that. Might I suggest a baseball bat or a golf club. One of those will serve you better.

ya i know what you mean...but with kids in the house...i was just trying to be responsible. i have a bat and a machete...but the my most effective self defense methods so far was stabbing. that was messy always a messy and tiring scene.

well, who in the **** will let me shoot the thing? i can't necessarily just run out into my backyard and start busting caps into trees! i try to drag it to the range and they tell me no...not here! i just got fed up with people not letting me shoot the thing anywhere because "it may ruin and damage the place".

i do sorta live very close to NYC! and with Gov. Huomo going balls out with his power...i don't want to cause too much attention with practice rounds.

well, who in the **** will let me shoot the thing? i can't necessarily just run out into my backyard and start busting caps into trees! i try to drag it to the range and they tell me no...not here! i just got fed up with people not letting me shoot the thing anywhere because "it may ruin and damage the place".

i do sorta live very close to NYC! and with Gov. Huomo going balls out with his power...i don't want to cause too much attention with practice rounds.

Might I suggest a weekend trip to the country. I imagine that there are any number of skeet/trap/sporting clays ranges within a reasonable drive from your location, even if you have to make a whole day or weekend of it. At the very least, you need to get in some practice on shooting/cycling/loading/etc. You don't have to shoot buckshot or whatever you intend to use for your home defense in order to get in some practice with it. Being responsible also includes being competent in running it. In my experience, nothing gets you used to running a shotgun, especially a pump, better than getting some time in on moving aerial targets. We used skeet as a training tool for new recruits before square range expansion took away the skeet fields. Most of 'em couldn't hit diddly but that wasn't the point. The point was to get them used to running the gun. Try it.

Edited by truckcop

• 7 years later...

I would use bird shot in shotgun if you have kids and family members in other rooms of the house. With bird shot your messing your burglar or home invaders day up and you don’t have over penetration into other rooms. I would do as suggested and take your shotgun to the country with targets or even milk jugs filled with water and try out various shotgun loads, the other reason for it is you need to put a few rounds through it to  real it in and to make sure everything is working 100%. Before anyone says Birdshot won’t do the trick I can tell you from experience it will do the damage the other part about it is if your woke from sound sleep you can point and shoot at doorway or if they have made it inside the room. 

If the purpose is HD, then I'd highly suggest multiple day trips to familiarize yourself with the gun and to practice with different loads. Since it's never been shot, clean it (again, to familiarize) and clean it between trips. If you're not going to hunt with it, you can go ahead and remove the plug.

As truckcop says "Being responsible also includes being competent in running it."