Best weapon light/mount for M4 shotgun w/out modifying design

quickbiscuit

Hey, guys. I am looking for an easy weapon light mounting system for the M4. Because I have the desert tan model, I don't want to change forearms or any other factory parts. I do have a full-length magazine tube coming from Kip.

What options are out there? I'm either looking for a complete system with light, or just a mount that I can use for something like a Surefire Scout light. I also need an easy way to securely mount the light switch.

Also as an aside - are there any comparable lights to the Surefire Scout that aren't as pricey? I already have one for my M&P-15 but don't want to have to fork out that much cash just for another light.

Thanks for the help!

And please, no suggestions to use the search or google. I'm looking for solutions for the desert tan model so I can keep the original appearance of the gun. Everything in my search only came up with good ideas for the black model, where it doesn't matter if the forearm is modified because everything is black anyway.

I have the desert camo M4 as well, I have the BLAM4 mount (haven't installed yet). I decided on the Briley tube mount solution. I loose a little Camo but I'll have room to mount my Surefire X300-Ultra and the tape switch. I'm waiting for the Briley and tape switch to come in. As far as the X300 goes, great product ....

TBD ..... My plan is to mount the X300 under the mag tube and the XT07 switch on the side (all on the Briley). If it doesn't feel right being that close to the light I'll try it on the BLAM4. But .... the BLAM4 is short, the XT07 will hang off each end I believe which is not as clean as I would like. Or mount the X300 on the BLAM4 and the XT07 on the Briley.

Blam4 or CDM BMT.

More detail here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/29303-CDM-BMT-Light-mount

I have the BMT w/ short rail and x300 mounted on right side just in front of forend, sling swivel on left side (right handed, use left hand forward to shoot). I like it. I don't like tape or wires.

For light and switch questions go to the candlepower forums. You can find robust lights for substantially less than surefire. I wouldn't bet my life on one but some people swear by them.

See you out there.

-case-

• 2 weeks later...

I received my BLAM4 today and just finished the install. I ordered directly from Corps Technology Group on Thursday night and had it in the mail today.

I am very pleased with the install. I was worried about movement because of the other complaints, but I have zero movement or play with the mount installed on my desert camo M4. I did not have to use any super glue to keep the mount from moving.

I installed with the rail on the right. At first I had the rail pointed back, and there was a very small amount of movement in this position. I then flipped the mount so that the rail was forward, and it fit very snug this way (just a slight difference in machining). This works better anyway as it gets my light closer to the muzzle. I am extremely pleased with this simple solution for mounting a light on my M4. The light (currently a Surefire Scout 600c) sits a little farther away from the mag tube/barrel than I would like, but I think it's necessary to make the mount this way for people who want to mount it with the rail pointed back toward the butt of the gun.

Also with the Scout light mounted in the forward position, I still have enough slack in my pressure switch to stick it on the left side of the forearm for activation with my thumb. A+ for my application! Thanks for the input!

Hey Biscuit!...Maybe a shot of the right side and one from straight above where I could see how far away from the barrel it puts the light..... :) how much play did it have with the mount pointed back? Do you think it could be shimmed to eliminate the play?

Thanks

Hookster :)

Ok I'll get some pics posted. There was just a very small amout of wiggle with the rail pointed back, hardly enough to complain about but I'm pretty particular. And I'm talking left/right wiggle not fore/aft. It looked to me like this was caused by the "barrel notch" on the mount not being completely snug with the bottom of the barrel. When I flipped the rail forward, the notch on the other side of the BLAM4 snugged up perfectly with the barrel, eliminating all left & right wiggle. Just some machining differences I think. There was no fore & aft movement in either position. Pics on the way...

...also keep in mind that I do have the desert camo model so the coating probably makes the BLAM4 a little more snug compared to the black guns anyway.