can't get this Promag collapsible stock on correctly

lugie

the cylindrical bar that goes across the width of the tube is definitely not a straight bar, it's more oval shaped towards one end. It doesn't move easily without pressing the button, but it does give a little bit. It also doesn't seem to move quite "right" to me.

the cylindrical bar that goes across the width of the tube is definitely not a straight bar, it's more oval shaped towards one end. It doesn't move easily without pressing the button, but it does give a little bit. It also doesn't seem to move quite "right" to me.

I took mine apart as well and it is not a straight bar. It has a rounded bulged on the right hand side when button is not pressed. When the button is pushed the bulge moves to the right and a "U" shaped notch moves to the center. I did also notice that my button was sticking periodically and I made it work better by oiling the inside where the bar is, works great now. There is NO WAY mine will rotate 360 degree's, is there a chance that your button is sticking??

When locked up against the pistol grip it won't rotate (it can't because of the groove cut into the PG itself), extended at the other two LOPs it will. And no, the button isn't getting stuck.

I think it's a faulty unit, and I've emailed ProMag. Only problem is 1) if they ever get back to me. And 2) if they do, I bet the exchange timeline is horrendous (assuming by that time they'll still be commercially available. Not real likely they'll go, but there's a chance).

Chit like that can tend to piss a fellow off.

Edited by lugie

Zeke, here are your pictures. It's not too terrible, but honestly, i'd send it back if I weren't afraid it'd take 6 months to get it again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1889[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1890[/ATTACH]

My ProMag C-Stock also had a small chip. I called and they politely said they would exchange the item, no hassle. The turn around was about Two weeks. One week to ship them the stock, another for them to ship me a new package.

I say go for it.