To Crowded?

M4-Desert Camo

I'm in a quandary, I have a EOTECH EOLAD-1VG on order. I wanted to get the SideArmor quick detach short rail with 6 shell holder but I'm thinking the left side of the EOTECH which has the laser might interfere with the shell holder. Anyone have insight or opinions?

EOTECH:

http://www.eotech-inc.com/products/sights/eolad-1v

SideArmor:

http://www.sidearmor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46_48&products_id=115

The best option would be to add a Surefire X400 to your Briley mount, that way the light/laser would work in tandem from a single switch. Running the laser constant on is just as bad as running a light on constant on. You should have true momentary control over the activation.

I ran an EOTech 552 on my M4 years ago.

benelli16s.jpg

The EOTech gave up the ghost after about 5,000 rounds. It was still functioning, but the aperture was so fuzzy, I couldn't deal with it anymore. I tried to have it repaired by EOTech, but it seems they couldn't fix it. I was outside of warranty, so I sold it with full disclosure. I then moved to an Aimpoint T1 in 2009. I'm not sure if the shotgun recoil caused the EOTech issues or if it was just something that deteriorated over time.

That unit also weighs a ton. It weighs 16.8 ounces! The XPS 2 weighs 8 ounces. The Aimpoint T1's weigh 3.7 ounces with the mount.