Anyone familiar with special edition SBEII's?

btmar

Was at Mack's Prairie Wings last weekend and saw on the used gun rack an SBEII that had some name that I hadn't seen before...something hunter I believe. The gun has all the metal pieces (receivers/barrel) in what looked like a powdercoat or cerakote that was a shiny tan/FDE color...almost goldish, but with more brown. The stock and fore end were in Max-4 or some camo. It was actually a pretty good looking gun, but they wanted more than a brand new SBEII for it.

Anyone have any idea what it is and what it offers over the standard SBEII?

ive got an old SBE ducks unlimited speshul...benelli has run some speshul guns in the past...what you saw i dunno and i would never pay any extra for them..what they were for is to help raise money for a club or organization..course what you saw could be somebodys neutered idea of what a real benelli is

Yeah...ended up calling them to ask what it was so I could research it some more...turns out it's something they do themselves. They send off the barrel/upper receiver and the lower receiver to get cerakoted in whatever that color was and then put it back together with the comfortech and fore end. I had already bought a regular max-4 SBEII there the weekend before, but it caught my eye and was curious about it.