Winchester X2 vs SBE

rookie

I just went to a Ducks Unlimited dinner. One of the DU guys mention that the X2 was a better gun than the SBE. I check the spec, it's hard to tell. The DU guy just indicate it shoots better and easier to clean. Anyone has any experience with the X2?

I have shot the X2, but never owned one. I have owned a lot of 12 gauge guns in all action types over the past 15 years, but the Benelli SBE is the only 12 gauge I currently have - that should tell you something.

I really can't believe it could be easier to clean than the SBE. I can clean the SBE as quick as I can clean my bolt action deer rifles...

Clean easier than a Benelli? I think the DU guy must had one too many beers when he was giving that advice. The X-2 is a great gun, but in my opinion the benelli cleans much easier. When the DU guy said the X-2 shoots better, did he mean recoil? The only advantages the X-2 has over the SBE is price and recoil. The SBE II the recoil is the same or if not less. In every other way, the SBE is superior.

Originally posted by rookie:

OK, thanks to everyone who replied to help clarify things. SBE is still looking good ... Yes, there's a big difference in price X2 is at $1000 Cdn and $1800 Cdn at one store!

My SBE didn't come in today but will be in here in the morning all I can say is you get what you pay for from what I've heard from other Benelli owners.

I just purchased my new SBE and it's the first time I own one and I could tell, if you buy one you will not regret it. So far I've used it twice and it's very easy to take it apart for cleaning and putting it back together again. You mentioned $1800 Cdn I just bought mind three weeks ago and paid $1500 for a left handed one, shop around.

Originally posted by bambihunter:

I wish somebody would "show me the money" or better yet, "give me the money". LOL

I'm with ya on this one... show ME the money!!!

And I get a laugh out of folks trying to make a big deal out of .02 sec... unless your Tom Knapp shootin some crazy stuff, you'd never know 2 hundreths.