Where's Kip?

paladinjme

+1 on RDA1's comment.

Marcy e-mailed me back a few weeks ago for my order placed in late December. She estimated about a 3 month production time from that date. Not holding them to anything as I'm sure requests are flooding in. I'd be happy if my tube arrived by end of March / early April at this point.

What are people's thoughts on the FFT Ti full mag tube vs the Carrier Comp? I have Kip's parkerized tube on order from a couple weeks ago but the wait time makes me somewhat nervous with the push for stricter gun controls.. I ended up ordering the top rail and charging handle from FFT as theres no ETA on Kip's handle or rail.

Hey Jdlkamry!....Welcome to the forum.... I have the Carriercomp tube and I've never been hands on with the FFT but I've never seen any complaints around here about the FFT tube and I have seen praise for it. We're a pretty picky bunch of OCD sufferers around here. I'm sure you'll be fine.....

Take Care,

Hookster :)

Thanks! :) Been lurking for the past couple weeks and obsessed with my new m4. Marcy from CC says my order should be invoiced soon hopefully which is supposed to mean that even tho I don't have the tube I am officially the owner of the metal and this would pre-date any new regulations... still nervous none the less as those extra two rounds are mandatory. Let's hope the NRA and our gun-lovers in congress will hold the line.

What are your thoughts on the Urbino stock? I ordered the Urbino with limbsaver, some of the reviews and the gap behind the trigger group have me wondering about it now, I like the idea of shorter LOP and the 922r compliance and unfortunately in Cali I don't have the option of the collapsible. Could always switch out the trigger to also gain 922r compliance? I guess I'll just have to give it a go, thankfully brownells return policy is great if its not up to snuff.. I too have slight OCD when it comes to my guns and if there is in fact a gap behind my trigger group it will probably keep me up at night.. :)

Hey jdkarmy,

I too am in the Great State of Cali (surfing the Monterey Bay with the great whites!!!)...I was anxiously awaiting production of the Urbino for some time as my third compliance part so I could go back to my OEM forend grips. (I had been using a Surefire M80 as my 3rd part)...however...after it came out i waited to get the feedback on it and the issues with the attachment as well as the gap were enough to turn me off knowing my OCD would keep me up at night thinking about that stuff. Plus, although a shorter LOP might be nice, the OEM stock LOP was fine for me

Mind you, there are plenty of happy Urbino customers around here who are totally happy with it but around the same time other compliance parts started to become available as well.

I ended up trading in my M80 forend and got the geiselle hammer as my third part. I guess I thought that the Urbino would be a slight downgrade for the sake of compliance while the Geiselle hammer was an upgrade with the added benefit of compliance.

Cya,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster