need help choosing first shotgun

Ryan 1995

I am turning 18 in 2 weeks and have money saved up for my first shotgun. I have been looking for a while now and have come to the conclusion that I like the Supernova Tactical with the Comfortech stock. The question I have is, if I am going to add an Aimpoint Micro T1, will the ghost ring sights get in the way? I am confused on which sights I should buy it with when it comes factory. Ghost or Rifle? I am pretty set on getting the Aimpoint though. So what do you guys think? Thanks

I am turning 18 in 2 weeks
Congrats and welcome to the asylum.

I am going to add an Aimpoint Micro T1, will the ghost ring sights get in the way?

Thanks

As you can see on this M4... nope, sights don't "get in the way" of a T1, but the T1 will block the sights. benellim4urbinorightlg.jpgYou may need a Urbino stock (or a tall gel comb insert if you get the comfortech stock, or a "universal comb riser" if you want to use the standard PG stock) with an adjustable cheek piece to get a proper cheek weld. All kinda depends on the individuals physical dimensions... you won't know until you get the T1 on and see where things end up.

Cheers,

C

Personally... for an HD gun, I don't need an optic, I do fine with GR sights out to about 50 yds plus. As I don't shoot slugs at longer distances (that's why God made ARs), a dot sight is of limited value to me. Saying that, some find dot optics or holo/reflex sights to be a great advantage and prefer them over irons. Who am I to say it's wrong? Your call.

An Eotech on an AR? Oh, he!! yes. ;)

Myself and many others here will say... "money better spent on shells and lots of practice". Others are entertained fitting as many farkles of dubious value as possible, turning a perfectly good 7 lb shotgun into a tac-ti-kool 12 lb shotgun.

If your intention is to hunt with a shotgun, then perhaps an alternative is a Burris Speedbead, which will co-witness with GR sights, you won't need a high cheekweld... and you'll save a bunch of cash for the previously mentioned "money better spent" comment.

Yes, I do have a bias that I can't easily hide, but really... it's your shotgun, what you do with it is your desires, your dollars. Have fun... and if you want to play sidewalk commando for awhile, go ahead. Everyone goes through that phase... some come out the other side and some like it so much they never leave.

Cheers,

C

I agree on this with one exception ... if it were just a HD gun, a laser dialed in at 10-15 yards is all that's needed. I also want to take mine to the range with targets at 50 & 100 yards so I will use the red dot for that. I also plan on taking mine on a boat and I would want something dialed in a little longer than 10-15yards plus be able to see in bright light.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I dont plan on going crazy with all the add ons. Probably just going to get the Supernova with the red dot sight and possibly a shell carrier. I dont want it to be weighed down like alot of the shotguns I see. The only other option i was thinking of was an extended mag tube. I will let you know when I make my purchase and I will post some pics. thanks again