The State Of The Gun Industry

KB Fab

One of my friends sent me this. It's from a gun dealer that posted this on his FB page earlier today. I don't have a link to it but my friend says he thinks it's pretty solid intel. Looks kind of bleak...

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY

UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March

1.Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up.

Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...

Edited by KB Fab

Wow, almost unbelievable.....almost. This is the worst gun hysteria I've ever seen in my own lifetime. So very glad that I bought my HK pistol the evening of the Newtown incident, and just 3 days ago secured my M2 Tactical through a GunBroker auction. I think it's going to be quite a while before things get back to normal, or even close to normal.

I'm glad I was able to get my Glock 19, 26 and Benelli M4 for under MSRP after the craziness began. If you go on gunbroker or any other online site, prices have skyrocketed as we all know...$900 for a gen 4 Glock 19 and $2500 for a M4 seem to be the norm these days. I did give in and buy a Glock 33 round magazine for $100 from a shipment that sold out within 10 minutes of it being posted - at least I got one. I just wish I picked up some more 5.56 and 9mm ammo back when things were somewhat normal.

Here's a good video about the ammo shortage:

I'm glad I was able to get my Glock 19, 26 and Benelli M4 for under MSRP after the craziness began. If you go on gunbroker or any other online site, prices have skyrocketed as we all know...$900 for a gen 4 Glock 19 and $2500 for a M4 seem to be the norm these days. I did give in and buy a Glock 33 round magazine for $100 from a shipment that sold out within 10 minutes of it being posted - at least I got one. I just wish I picked up some more 5.56 and 9mm ammo back when things were somewhat normal.

Here's a good video about the ammo shortage:

GUn Broker is a joke. they over price everything and it still sales,lol. M4s can still be had a MSRP. there is a cammo one at my LGS right now been there for years actuall same one that was there when I bought mine.

GUn Broker is a joke. they over price everything and it still sales,lol. M4s can still be had a MSRP. there is a cammo one at my LGS right now been there for years actuall same one that was there when I bought mine.

Why wouldn't they just list it on gunbroker? Apparently, they don't care to make sales lol.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get free comprehensive market data for gun sales? I want to see exactly when the peak hits and when the decline begins. I like the insider information from message boards but I want to see some verified statistics as well. I tried looking at the FBI background checks by week/day but I'd like to see summary charts/graphs as well as more detailed information if its available. I know the National Shooting Sports Foundation does some market research but they charge for it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

[h=3][/h]

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get free comprehensive market data for gun sales? I want to see exactly when the peak hits and when the decline begins. I like the insider information from message boards but I want to see some verified statistics as well. I tried looking at the FBI background checks by week/day but I'd like to see summary charts/graphs as well as more detailed information if its available. I know the National Shooting Sports Foundation does some market research but they charge for it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I really doubt that you are going to find such information free and publicly available.