OK shotgunners, what is wrong with this photo?

Sukhoi_fan

His form sucks, but that's about it. He probably has a Secret Service guy standing behind him, handing him shells and telling him what to do. Looks like a Browning with ported barrels, Midas choke on top and a flush choke on the bottom.

Edited by timb99

That photo is about as plausible as them releasing a photo of him dressed in a jockey's outfit while racing his thoroughbred across the finish line to win the Kentucky Derby.

If he's shooting skeet, where in h*ll are his extra shells? If shooting at all, it's obvious it was only once or twice and he wasn't "shooting skeet" in the normal sense of the term.

Edited by XTrooper

The watch on his left wrist is normally worn there by a right hander, but he's shooting lefty.

Watch position - not necessarily. I'm a lefty and that's how I wore mine before I retired. Took it off, haven't worn it since.

He writes left handed so I'm assuming he's left-dominant. Oh, what a surprise!!

First thing that jumped out to me was the angle of the barrel...shouldn't he be pointing/aiming and looking upwards? Considering that image was taken after the shot was fired, you have to assume the aim and barrel position was actually even lower before the trigger was pulled.

What is the original source of this photo?

First thing that jumped out to me was the angle of the barrel...shouldn't he be pointing/aiming and looking upwards? Considering that image was taken after the shot was fired, you have to assume the aim and barrel position was actually even lower before the trigger was pulled.

What is the original source of this photo?

You're right, angle of barrel is indicative of TRAP shooting NOT skeet shooting.

Source of photo is the White House.

You're right, angle of barrel is indicative of TRAP shooting NOT skeet shooting.

Not necessarily. Station 1 high house is a going away shot that starts dropping after a bit. Novice shooters (like this twerp) usually wait too long to get on it and will be pulling the trigger at a position represented in the photo. Station 1 low house could look like this if he's getting on it quick (not likely for a novice, like this twerp).

I disagree... I wear sunglasses when shooting skeet all the time.. when it's sunny. Oakley Pro M frames, polarized.

Sometimes I shoot low skeet, where they're flying about head distance from the ground, it's a good time.

I know what's wrong with the photo, Obamma looks like an American, and he clearly is NOT.

I don't think anything is wrong with the photo. I am not a fan of Obama or his reign, but I'm not going to look for pixies in the garden, either. Was he shooting clays? Probably, who knows. However, yeah, this is him shooting a shotgun, and I would presume that he was indeed. I don't think it was shopped, etc. Face-value, here. Does he shoot skeet often? Who's to say? He well might.

Picking the photo apart for form, barrel level, watch position, etc. seems a bit petty.

It's clearly warm season in the photo, so it's likely from last Summer or so.

I shoot some skeet in my backyard for fun sometimes. I hit damned near every single one I shoot at, but my form may not be textbook. I shoot left-handed and wear my watch on my left wrist.

Who gives a flying #$%^?

The man's job doesn't involve the ability to bust clays. He has people for that. - See Zero Dark Thirty.