M2 Stock choice.

Placid

Nope, not "remove and replace". You need appropriate shims and lock plates. See the schematic, items 3 & 8. Yes, I know, there are lots of 3 and 8 parts. Look in your owners manual to ID what you'll need.

I might have the parts laying around... I'll take a look tomorrow. At least I can tell you what specific parts you need.

C

Alrighty then...

I removed the stock from my M2T to determine this... so you owe me a bottle of Bombay Sapphire. :rolleyes:

The shim is .059" thick all the way around and marked 'B'. No cast, and according to the chart, a 60mm offset. The plate in the rear that goes under the nut is marked 'B-SX/A-DX" on on side and 'B-DX/A-SX" on the other side. The hole in the plate is offset in two directions from center.

These parts come from what Benelli calls a "drop change kit". If you go to page 84 in the manual, what I'm using corresponds to drop change schedule 'B'.

I have several other shims marked 'A, C, D and Z' and a plate marked 'C-DX/Z-SX' on one side and 'C-SX/Z-DX' on the other.

What do I know about all this stuff? Not much... I am far away from a drop/cast shim expert.

Even though I'm left handed, I didn't want any cast, so I just tossed shims in until I found one that when shouldered, brought the sights right to my eye with no cheek weld adjustments.

Recommendation... get the whole drop change kit from Benelli, or who ever you can find that will sell you one... Brownells, Midway, some dude on the forums, and you can fit it to your requirements.

Cheers,

C

Sure... no problem. Sapphire is in the mail, right? :rolleyes:

Did ya' know that Mesa Tactical is working on a 12.5" LOP straight stock... pretty much just like the PG Urbino, but no PG. It's called the "Apache Project" for now, with the first production version for the M4... then more to follow, with the M2 somewhere in the mix.

C

Sure... no problem. Sapphire is in the mail, right? :rolleyes:

Did ya' know that Mesa Tactical is working on a 12.5" LOP straight stock... pretty much just like the PG Urbino, but no PG. It's called the "Apache Project" for now, with the first production version for the M4... then more to follow, with the M2 somewhere in the mix.

C

Interested in the M2 stock for the future. Thanks for the info!