Help with Montefeltro 20 Ga. shims

kathy

I just purchased my first shotgun and its a Montefeltro 20 ga. I love the gun, very light, elegant, and sleep and fits my small frame very nicely. I have a small problem. When I shoulder the gun, I see too much rib, which means I need to increase the stock drop. The gun did not come with any shim kits (apparently older models did). The shim in the gun now is shim "C", so I was looking for a shim "D" online and could not find one anywhere for this model. Does anyone know if Benelli makes a shim D (and the corresponding locking plate) for the new Montefeltro 20 Gauge?

I would call Benelli customer service. They can answer your question and probably provide you with the shim & appropriate plate that goes with it, assuming there is one. Maybe even without charge.

Thanks. I emailed them and they directed me to Brownells and Numrich. Called both and neither of them knows the exact part number. I will try calling Benelli again.

Kathy

Thank you Tucker. I saw that too, but if you click the link, and enlarge the picture, you will notice A, C, and X shims in the kit, no D. :(

I think the manual is made universal, so the "D" entry could be for the 12 Gauge version.

The search for the ever elusive "D" shim continues :)

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Benelli USA on the phone in length. They said they no longer make a shim D for this model. Not even special order. So this should put an end to this question.. They advised against putting two shim "C" together because the added plastic will reduce the stability and rigidity of the stock/receiver connection. Thanks to all who responded.

Kathy

Look around for a Benelli part number F0148002. My Montefeltro came with a red felt bag that has this number and a bar code on it. In side the bag I have the A, B, D, & Z shims (I assume this means the C is on on the gun now) and I have the A/B stock plate and a D stock plate. Your gun should have came with a similar kit.

I would offer to sell the D shim to you but I bought this gun for my wife and eventually, my daughter to shoot. I don't need the D shim but one of them may.