m1 super 90 question

benelli-metal

I am looking into changing the stock on my super 90, now has the PG model.

I removed this stock and have a question.

Mounted to the reciever is a round tube that houses a spring. At the end of this tube is a threaded stud. At the base of the threaded stud, where the stud joins the spring tube is a disk of metal. This disc looks like a washer, one might expect it to simply come off. Mine seems very dis-interested in coming off. Is it a washer like part or is it integral with the threaded stud that holds the stock on?

Any info very much appreciated.

But the info is much appreciated and will help. The part I am referring to is what you show as the Action Recoil Spring Retainer, In my M1 it has no flats to grab with a wrench. Perhaps mine is of a different build lot than the very nice photos that have been provided.

I did manage a photo (had to get a closeup accessory to get this photo, which is not great)[ATTACH=CONFIG]1949[/ATTACH]

the disc that looks like a washer (no flats) I take it is integeral with the treaded stud?

thanks for the comments to all.

I had the opportunity to put on an "alternative" stock for testing.

Went to the range today and as expected everything I offered the Benelli it consumed and seemed to request more please. No issues. No surprises.

I was concerned this extra thickness in what appeared to be a washer would prevent this alternate stock from mounting cleanly. My concern was unfounded.

(sorry about the photo, Had a close up lens on the camera, the depth of field is rather thin, it was a challenge to get a photo that was not a total blur)

Edited by benelli-metal