M2 field, SBE2 mag cap question

hangitup

Are the mag cap for the SBE2 and M2 the same?

I've noticed a few other threads when i did a search that would indicate I'm not the only one who is trying to find a sling or sling swivel that will not make contact with the edges of the mag cap when carrying it hunting... not a big deal if you're crashing around in the water duck hunting but I've spent my only time with it in the woods during turkey season. When the woods are quiet and I'm sneaking around this thing makes a substantial popping noise with almost each step.

i just bought the SBE2 a year ago and I'm thinking about selling it but I love everything else about it. The only thing I'd like more (I think) is a new M2 field. I suspect it will have the same issue though... ?

Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I will have to try the Claw with Hush II swivels,... i've seen a few others with same comment. Evidently Quake has changed their swivel design in the last few years so I'm not sure if the new ones work as well with this gun as the old ones must have but its the only option i see to try it.

I do find it odd though that there are not more complaints about the problem and acknowledge it isn't a MAJOR issue, but i can guarantee you anyone that turkey hunts would notice it if it happened with their setup. Im starting to wonder if maybe the swivel attachment in the mag cap on my gun is not fully seated or something.