pattern time

hangitup

I'm getting ready to do some pattern work!

last year i used a Wright's choke, .660 with 2 oz #6 Hevi-13

consistent pattern with a CLEAN barrel around 120 or so in 10"circle. @ 40yd

the POI was about 6" high though if i remember correctly, and the Factory full crio choke had about the same pattern density with a better POI.

Anybody else here use a Wright's choke? .660? what's the best heavy-shot load brand etc you've found with it, post it up!!

Oh yeah I'm shooting a SBE 2 26"barrel

anybody looking that is unimpressed, like me, don't be! try it, i know this is/has been a great combination in some SBE2 guns i just don't think its the best setup for my gun for whatever reason.

Anybody want to buy a limited production Wright's choke to test it out i will ship it to you for $30, or I'll trade it for another high quality tube if you have one that didn't work out for you..

I am going to test some different rounds with it first tho..

Sent my sbe2 to Rob Roberts and had forcing cone lengthened and polished and with a 660 jellyhead and heavy 13 #7 I'm getting 270 in 10 inch circle at 40 yards.just sent ROB a new super vinci to work over for waterfowl gun.just give them a call really nice people to deal with and they do awesome work

when you pattern you rgun, use a huge piece of paper and just shoot towards the middle.

draw a 10" circle over the densest part of the core and then count how many pellets.

you want no less than 150 pellets in the 10 at 40. At least I don't. I travel out of state and hunt and dont get that perfect setup while hunting turkey every time and if I misjudge yardage I want it to drop.

IndianCreek .665 for Hevi 6's and go tighter if you use magblends or 7's

My gun is bone stock. With the wrights number three(.650), and hevi 13 2.25oz 7's im getting in the 270's, and with the Indian creek BDS(.665) and the same load, I'm getting in the 300-310s. The IC shoots the same load, but in 6's in the 230's. I had a Jelly Head and sold it, that shot in between those two, number wise.

• 2 weeks later...
My gun is bone stock. With the wrights number three(.650), and hevi 13 2.25oz 7's im getting in the 270's, and with the Indian creek BDS(.665) and the same load, I'm getting in the 300-310s. The IC shoots the same load, but in 6's in the 230's. I had a Jelly Head and sold it, that shot in between those two, number wise.

what yardage? 40? 10" or 20" circle pattern?