Cannot unload M2 magazine

Steinmaster

I just purchased an M2 and cannot unload the magazine using the cartridge retaining lever. I push up the carrier and try to press in the cartridge retaining lever. It is too stiff and cannot push it in to eject the shells from the magazine. I have to unload it by racking the bolt until all the shells are out (not the safest way to do it). Any suggestions how I can do this. Will this be easier after the gun is "broken in". Several people have tried and they cannot push in the cartridge retaining lever.

I just started using my M2 two days ago and had the same issue. I loaded and shot less than 50 shells yesterday and I have definitely noticed a difference. It has become a bit easier to load/unload, but especially loading. Unloading has become easier, but what I'm having to do is press the release/eject lever which gets the shell at least half way out...then I'm pushing it in a bit and quickly releasing pressure to allow it to fully eject. Two days ago the shell wouldn't even come a quarter of the way out.

One thing that I'm a little confused with it how the manual describes the unloading procedure. I'm just not understanding the verbiage regarding locking the bolt back. Currently, I'm having to rack the bolt twice to get it to stay back...not sure if that is normal or the proper way to load/unload.