Flaw in Briley Mag Tube rail

M4-Desert Camo

I have the following Briley mag tube rail mount system on my stock M4.

http://www.briley.com/magazineextensionbarrelclamp-1.aspx

I was a the range yesterday and when tried to take things apart today to clean the M4 I discovered a flaw in their design and had a problem. When I unscrewed the Briley to take the barrel out the spring retainer cap came out (as well as the spring).

The oem dummy tube extension has a stop in it to hold the Spring Retainer Cap from working it's way out (see below)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1952[/ATTACH]

The Briley unit does not have any kind of stop, it's unobstructed all the way to the end (see below)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1953[/ATTACH]

I was able to put retainer cap back in. For the experts, does it look right? Am I missing anything? (see below)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1954[/ATTACH]

Here is the Briley unit showing where the mag ends and how the rest is an unobstructed void.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1955[/ATTACH]

I like the Briley unit but not if the Retainer Cap works its way out under use. Any ideas from the creative thinkers here to remedy? I was thinking about a piece of aluminum tubing cut to the right length to put inside the Briley acting as a stop. Hard part will be getting the exact length so it can be tight enough but not have the aluminum tube rattle inside.

Does it still add two extra rounds?

If the mag spring retainter is falling out of the tube, take some snap ring pliers and stretch it

so it is a snug fit.

Edit: Sorry, I just saw that it is NOT an extention.

Edited by 12508

Does it still add two extra rounds?

If the mag spring retainer is falling out of the tube, take some snap ring plier clamps and stretch it

so it is a snug fit.

It's not a tube extension (aka adding 2 more rounds), it just replaces the "false" OEM extension but adds two picatinny rails. I was at the range and put 85 rounds through the gun (first time since the Briley was installed). I used ring pliers to put it back, it's pretty darn tight. I just think the force of the firing process can work it out, this is why Benelli put a "stop" in place on the OEM tube so it has nowhere to go.