Market slowing down?

Atlpresa

I've been watching Gunbroker and Gunsamerica over the last 12 months and have started noticing the prices coming back down to earth. Has anyone else noticed lower prices and less demand for M4's. I just saw a Benelli M4 go unpurchased at $1949 on gunbroker.

I lucked up and walked into a local shop and he had M4's available for $1699. I snapped one up and under the current environment I don't feel to bad.

Walked into another shop and picked up a Springfield Armory XDM 45 with 13+1 at $150 less than I expected to pay on Budsgunshop.

I also ordered a Daniel Defense DDM4 V3 from the builder and it should be here in 4 weeks so I'm getting some items knocked off my wish list. The price wasn't to bad.

From overseas it seemed like I wouldn't be able to get anything at a decent price but now that I'm back home it's not that bad.

Is the rush/lunacy over?

Edited by Atlpresa

From what I have seen, the gun demand is starting to come back to earth but still not great (with evil black rifles still the hardest to come by). High capacity magazines will follow as the manufacturers continue to pump them out. The big concern is ammo, it is still very scare with .223/556 being very hard to find, .22 nearly non-existent and 9mm pretty tough.

First, thanks for the lead M4DC. However, that is a lot of money for some rounds. The government couldn't afford to go to war at those prices and we know how wasteful they can be. I'll look around for less expensive ammo and if I find any I'll pass on the info. At $900 bux a hand job should be included, at the least.

Not on the website, in store . We get them in store all the time. If you live near one go there and talk to someone and ask them when they come in . We get them every week like clockwork

My local Gander hasn't gotten a single shipment of Magpul magazines or .223 rounds since they sold out of them right after the election. They did get a shipment of 5.56 Nato tracers from American Eagle that they sold for $20 per box of 20 rounds though. Truck comes in every Wednesday... doors open... flood of customers rush in... and find empty Magpul pegs...

My local Gander hasn't gotten a single shipment of Magpul magazines or .223 rounds since they sold out of them right after the election. They did get a shipment of 5.56 Nato tracers from American Eagle that they sold for $20 per box of 20 rounds though. Truck comes in every Wednesday... doors open... flood of customers rush in... and find empty Magpul pegs...

Those Magpul pegs are going to have cobwebs when the company is forced to move from Colorado.

There's no Gander in Atlanta but I called 3 in Alabama and one in South Georgia and neither had any. I'll try again on Thursday when they say the trucks come in. I'll also try some local shops. Things can still be had but you have to work hard to find them.

I had ordered a Surefire forend from Opticsplanet that was on backorder until March. Re-checked Amazon and they had just got a load so cancelled OP and ordered from Amazon. A lot of moving parts but it can be done. Somewhere out there is 3 magazines with my name on it. LOL

Wow! If you don't mind me asking ,what state do you live in? I'm in ohio and we have had Pmags and 223/556 falling out our ass. We have a problem getting 22lr ammo but not 223/556.every week it's there. And they don't let people buy it all either. They let them have 10 boxes or one case or some kind of limit. Ask the people at gander mountain if they can order you ammo from another store or just order it ingeneral. We do it all the time for people who buy guns with hard to find ammo(50ae,500sw,460sw,300blk.6.5grendel,etc......) and for people who don't buy guns we order it. Ask for the "hard lines supervisor" I don't understand why they couldn't order it if you bought a large quantity. We do it all the time

*****, those would be my second choice. I hear good things about them but I want Magpul. I'm hoping a place called Aimsurplus gets some in or I'll hit the place that sold me the M4 this week.

Anyone know where I can find a Geiselle hammer like now? I have one on backorder through Midway but it may be a few weeks. I want to finish this build.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I went by the shop I purchased my M4 from and they are stocked with supplies. They have one M4 in stock (LE edition) for $1859.00 if anyone is looking for that model. Looks like the run is ending.

They also have Magpul AR mags (30 rds) for $19.95 if anyone still needs those. They're only selling 1 per customer. :(

The place is Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville Ga 770-719-2454. The thing I liked about them is they weren't gouging when everyone else was. Hope it helps someone out there.