How long have people been waiting for special order M4's??

AR15

I ordered an M4 with the traditional tactical stock and I was just curious if anyone is familiar with the average current waiting time? Does anyone else have an M4 without the pistolgrip stock? I usually prefer the traditional stock over the pistolgrip types but I may order an additional one so I have the option.

Special Order? That doesn't sound like a special order to me per se, it sounds like you ordered an M4 with a standard stock, my local dealer had these in stock this month. If you ordered it through a Benelli dealer and they are waiting for new stock to come in, it all depends on how big your dealer is and how far back in line you are. Only your local dealer could estimate your wait based on their past experience, are you the first in line waiting for one or the 100th? Do they get one M4 in per month or dozens?

My local dealer had standard stock M4s in stock in early January when I wanted one with a pistol grip (none in stock). They got pistol grip stocks in on their next order within two weeks.

Special Order? That doesn't sound like a special order to me per se, it sounds like you ordered an M4 with a standard stock, my local dealer had these in stock this month. If you ordered it through a Benelli dealer and they are waiting for new stock to come in, it all depends on how big your dealer is and how far back in line you are. Only your local dealer could estimate your wait based on their past experience, are you the first in line waiting for one or the 100th? Do they get one M4 in per month or dozens?

My local dealer had standard stock M4s in stock in early January when I wanted one with a pistol grip (none in stock). They got pistol grip stocks in on their next order within two weeks.

Thank you for the input guys, that gave me some insight as to timeframes to be expected. I didn't mean a custom order when I said special order. I just meant ordered specialy for me.

Ordered my M4 Tactical on January 06th through CMC Govt Supply and was shocked when it showed up today at work. Even bigger suprise was Benelli drop shippinged it directly to my PD; after they stressed they would only ship it to a local FFl dealer

Awesome! Did you order it with the standard traditional stock or the pistol grip stock? How well does it fit in the patrol car mount?

Wow! Quick turn around. Good for you. Supposedly the M4's are more readily available for a fast turn around on order due the price tag. From what I'm told the Mossberg and Remington tactical shotguns have a longer wait time because there is a greater demand.

Awesome! Did you order it with the standard traditional stock or the pistol grip stock? How well does it fit in the patrol car mount?

I ordered mine with the pistol grip, had the same style on my Super 90 M1 and liked it real well. Also ordered the collapsible stock, more or less while I still could. I haven't purchased the mount yet, I have an assigned Tahoe and am looking at various racks right now

I ordered mine with the pistol grip, had the same style on my Super 90 M1 and liked it real well. Also ordered the collapsible stock, more or less while I still could. I

haven't purchased the mount

yet, I have an assigned Tahoe

and am looking at various racks

right now

I'm surprised that the patrol vehicles don't come equipped with universal mounts. Hey, atleast you have a nice tax write off this year.

I