M4 full length mag tubes ready now

SOCOMguy

Regulars on the forum may recall that after five years of making and selling quality steel mag tubes I said that I was stopping production, that was true I sold the last few that I had in stock back in May. Well I guess that the current "situation" has sparked renewed interest. After receiving a couple of unsolicited requests I broke out the tooling and made a new batch of six full length M4 tubes. Same quality 4140 steel, matte black "diamond-kote" finish, $145, no waiting - ready for immediate shipping. For reference you can search this forum (SOCOMguy) for endorsements. Contact [email protected]

Regards,

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John the NJ guy, The peoples Republic of NJ has a 6 round limit on the mag capacity. I while back, on special request I made a two piece 6 round tubw for a guy. I've attached a pic of the special tube along side the factory 5 round tube. The problem I see with a one piece 6 rd tube with a perminant (non removable) plug is that you could not load the follower and spring from the muzzel end. I think , but have not tried, loading the spring and follower into the tube from the receiver end before screwing the tube into the receiver... tricky , but could be done.

6RDmag2.jpg

Joe

Wouldn't it be simpler to use the std high cap tube with an internal plug that slid into the spring but had a raised ring to stop the spring on the one end? Kind of like a spring guide and use the original "keeper" at the end.

I believe that the issue would be "permanent and non- removable" to meet the requirements of the law. Just my guess

Joe B

Thanks for your reply.... It's not a big thing to have the extra round. 5+1 is fine even though 6+1 is nice. Right now, I can load 5+1+1 for 7 if I float a round. But what I hate is the fact that the extension they use makes the gun look like an outer space toy. I'd prefer a straight look to match the main tube. A perm plug would be fine. Just not the crimped look they use. I know I'm not making sense to functionality. It's just an estetic issue...:)

i have been debating over buying one for months,,heck i do not even hve an m4 and decided to let the guys who need have a chance to get one..above price is atractive and i wold like to see a picture or a thread link on this guys product..if the board says they are quality i may just sent off the funds..thanx

I should have mine tomorrow. from what I could gather, held in the same esteem as the carriercomp ones. I read nothing but good. now that replacement tube I got from numrich for $100... yikes. that was a piece of taiwan garbage.

I should have mine tomorrow. from what I could gather, held in the same esteem as the carriercomp ones. I read nothing but good. now that replacement tube I got from numrich for $100... yikes. that was a piece of taiwan garbage.

I had seen those on numrich and was curious. I didn't trust that they were genuine parts given that they were "available".

How can you tell its Taiwan? I can't imagine putting a tube like that on the M4 especially since it won't help out 922r at all. Can you post pics maybe as a warning?

I had seen those on numrich and was curious. I didn't trust that they were genuine parts given that they were "available".

How can you tell its Taiwan? I can't imagine putting a tube like that on the M4 especially since it won't help out 922r at all. Can you post pics maybe as a warning?

yeah, if you pay attention to the description it is listed as a "replacement" which should read "substitute". they are very cheap in appearance, and come in a plastic bag that has one of those gold taiwan stickers on it. almost thought it was a shower rod. Doesn't look like I took any pics before I sent it back. I have actually seen one for sale on gunbroker with someone claiming it was genuine benelli. I feel sorry for whoever paid for it cause it was like $2-300. guy claimed ignorance on it when I asked him about it. they are a light grey enamel color in appearance. similar but lighter than the original. very cheap feeling. not something I'd want on my m4. wish I had some pics, but I was so disgusted. haha

Edited by seasam

yeah, if you pay attention to the description it is listed as a "replacement" which should read "substitute". they are very cheap in appearance, and come in a plastic bag that has one of those gold taiwan stickers on it. almost thought it was a shower rod. Doesn't look like I took any pics before I sent it back. I have actually seen one for sale on gunbroker with someone claiming it was genuine benelli. I feel sorry for whoever paid for it cause it was like $2-300. guy claimed ignorance on it when I asked him about it. they are a light grey enamel color in appearance. similar but lighter than the original. very cheap feeling. not something I'd want on my m4. wish I had some pics, but I was so disgusted. haha

That description makes me sick! Shower tube with Gold stickers. Unbelievable.

Its disappointing they aren't more transparent on what you are buying but as long as they accept the return that's ok I suppose. I can only imagine there are some shady types trying to pawn these off on GB as genuine especially during these last few months. Sad really. No worries on the pics I can understand you wanted to return and be done with!

Anyway thanks for sharing this in case any prospective buyers are looking at that particular product. Getting back to this thread I'm glad to hear that SOCOMguy is selling such an outstanding product. Looking forward to seeing pics of your SOCOMguy tube!

Please elaborate on why this isn't genuine in your opinion.

Please elaborate on why this isn't genuine in your opinion.

He is talking about the replacement tube from Numrich...they are reasonably clear about the fact that they are not OEM (i.e. Benelli manufactured)..especially since they list the 'replacement' tube *as well* as the genuine / OEM tube.

I'm still here, lurking.... I have not been active on the site since about a year ago when I announced that I was no longer going to make the FL tubes. At that time I sold off the few that I had on hand at a bargin price (some guys got lucky). If you were to do a search on "mag tube socomguy" you will find complementary threads going back as far as 2006 when we were the first to inovate this style FL tube. High quality and fast delivery have always been my operating principle, never had a dissatisified customer since we started. We would never accept an order unless we had tubes ready to ship. A couple of weeks ago I got specific request for a couple of tubes, likley a result of the current "situation" so I broke out the tooling and made up a batch of 6 tubes, at this point I only have 2 left, one in the normal matte black "Diamond-Kote" and one that is "in the white" in case someone might want a tube in a different color.

Joe B

i will take one in matte diamond kote black but i need to have your contact information and total cost including shipping..now if 1 of the guys here really really needs it..its no biggie if i get tossed aside and would willing to give the tube up to somebody who is in need..

I will take one. Where would one find a us made fallower? That other company is 5 months out(carriercomp)

crap guess I'll be waiting a while :( I think brownell's has some as does freedom fighter tactical FFT. I think I'll wait for the carriercomp though, but I'm sure the others are fine.