Just about finished - need a light - suggestions?

ChrisC

With the thorntail, you could do either a pressure pad or a momentary/constant on tail cap. I'd opt for the momentary/constant on switch.

The value of the thorntail over the VTAC is how it pushes the light forward. It'll bring it closer to the muzzle. When holding your forearm, see where your thumb naturally sits. That's pretty much where you would want the momentary/constant on button.

With my arm length, that puts my thumb at the very front of the forearm.

031_zps095d1765.jpg

007-6_zpsa0f26af3.jpg

Any pics of the X300-U with the Larue mount?

I actually have an X300-U and attached it in front of the Magpul angled foregrip on the bottom rail (see pictures below).

Had to move the Magpul back too far in order for it to fit and not very ergonomic - I ended up placing the X300-U on my new Springfield XDM pistol where it will stay.

Really like the light, and willing to get another - just need ideas for mounting on the M4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1978[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1979[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1978[/ATTACH]

Edited by ChrisC

Mounted and Unmounted ... on my Briley mag rail. Why not just mount it on your Surefire M80, light on one side, XT07 tape switch on the other?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1982[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1983[/ATTACH]

* Sorry, don't know how to make a large pic show up in a post, just select for a larger image.

Edited by M4-Desert Camo