Don't you wish...

paladinjme

I watched that auction, and couldn't believe what I saw. At first, from the way he described the gun, the seller made it sound like he had some special connection and had obtained a rare, special model from Benelli. Then when he added the extra information on 2/24,25 the truth came out. It sounds like he took a stock Benelli M4 which can be bought for approximately $1600-1800, unless you overpay (I paid $1600 for mine), added a steel full length steel magazine tube for approximately $160 (replacement spring free), a new set of forends for $60, and a new US follower for approximately $15, for a total outlay of approximately $1835 plus tax, added a good amount of hype and BS and wound up selling it for $4275, approximately a $2400 profit. Not a bad day's work. I just wonder how the buyer will feel when he realizes that he paid over twice what the M4 was worth. It's still a beautiful gun, but not at twice the price.

Strange times indeed. If someone offered me that much for mine I would have to think hard to convince myself not to do it. Makes me wonder what I could get for my HK M1. I'll say this though, about a month ago I traded 400 rds of 223 ammo to a LGS for a S&W MOD 27-2 3.5 inch even. Strange times!

I bought mine a little over a year ago, paid $1650. At that time everyone here was stating that it could 've been had for around $1450. I was kind of bummin at the time, anyway, all is well and I love this thing. Badest shotgun on the planet!!

Had a similar deal today. Sold a FN Five Seven pistol with about 800 rounds of ammunition, a Surefire X400, a Raven Concealment holster and about ten factory mags for 3000 dollars. I bought the pistol for like 900 bucks. There might be 1100 in accessories.

I figure I scalped a 1000 bucks on a used pistol.