Help out a fellow gun nut, anyone?

xamoel

Hey Guys!

Is there any US citizen willing to help out a fellow M4-nut by forwarding a Sidearmor Rail System to Germany?

Planning to get the entry-system for my 14" M4...

Of course I'm gladly willing to pay for the service!

Just shoot me a message!

Thanks a lot!

There's a reason Sidearmor has this notice on their website:

We cannot ship any rifle or shotgun mounts to other countries other than the US due to ITAR regulations!

Any US citizen is subject to those regulations. I doubt that you'll find anyone willing to violate the INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS. Most of us here have an aversion to federal prison time. :rolleyes: I hope!

Edited by truckcop

It's a picatinny rail. Not a night vision device.

And yes, I've contacted the corresponding authorities, they don't care. A friend brought one home by plane in the handluggage, he even asked customs before getting on the plane, guess what. No problem at all.

So no, it's got nothing to do with ITAR, Sidearmor just uses this as an excuse not to ship overseas.

Wire transfer $1600 to my Nigerian account and I'll set you right up... I will of course put the excess cash into the box with your goodies and ship it back to you.

It's not Sidearmor's excuse not to ship overseas... It's because they don't have an export license. The amount of paperwork to ship any regulated item overseas is just insane... it can get deep enough to sink the cargo ship carrying the goods... State Department has to approve it and issue an export license, etc... you may need a DSP-83 form for each purchase/shipment, etc... PITA for a "small business".

Whether you feel it is just "a picatinny rail" or not does not matter, it is still covered by ITAR regulations and shipping it overseas is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.

ECCN 0A984 – Shotguns, barrel length 18 inches (45.72 cm) or over; buckshot shotgun shells; except equipment used exclusively to treat or tranquilize animals, and except arms designed solely for signal, flare, or saluting use; and parts, not elsewhere specified. - notice the bold is not within the exception clause...

Your rail, unfortunately as do all rails, falls within the ITAR regulations. As would a Surefire M80 forend, an M69 rail for a Remington 870, etc.

Unless someone on here has the license to ship it to you, I'm not sure you are going to find anyone to help.

You said it yourself, they don't want to get an export license.

Of course that's up to them, still it's not like ITAR can't be dealt with.

I can forward you my correspondence, no problem. And yes, the one that got home by plane is sitting nicely on my M4.

You said it yourself, they don't want to get an export license.

Of course that's up to them, still it's not like ITAR can't be dealt with.

I can forward you my correspondence, no problem. And yes, the one that got home by plane is sitting nicely on my M4.

And why would they? Please explain exactly why a small business that sells low volume items would want to get an export license for firearms? It appears that you are unaware of the amount of hassle and paperwork involved and the potential for BigBrother to be sneaking further into your life. Let's see... stacks of paperwork that take hours and days to complete... scrutiny from the State Department... more forms to fill out with each purchase... hours of more hassle dealing with customs... paying brokers... all so you can have a picatinny rail... it makes absolutely no business sense for a low volume small business to hassle with shipping overseas...

• 9 months later...
Dear Boy, I've been on this site quite a few years longer than you, go look up my Profile. How about you mind your own Business.

That's funny. I'm a member of this forum and entitled to my own opinion just as you are.

You can be a member of anything you like but doing something like this is wrong and should not be perpetuated.

Good luck in your search though. Gee, I wonder if the federal government monitors any of these weapons sites....derrrr....

And for your information, for a good many years, the law WAS my business.... Dear Boy...

FYI - The term solicitation is used in a variety of legal contexts. A person who asks someone to commit an illegal act has committed the criminal act of solicitation. The crime of solicitation is completed if one person intentionally entices, advises, incites, orders, or otherwise encourages another to commit a crime. The crime solicited need not actually be committed for solicitation to occur.

Edited by Sharkey

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask a question of you guys?

Why in GODS name would you CARE if he wants a rail from Sidearmor and is trying to get someone to ship it to him? If you aren't going to do it, why would it bother you? It's NOTHING to you.

I often wonder why there are so many people that are so anxious, like they have 911 on SPEED DIAL, to call police on every little stinking thing and then I come into the forums and I see a thread like this. I guess they're the same exact people that whined and cried on Friday's when he teacher didn't assign homework.

Can I ask a question of you guys?

Why in GODS name would you CARE if he wants a rail from Sidearmor and is trying to get someone to ship it to him? If you aren't going to do it, why would it bother you? It's NOTHING to you.

I often wonder why there are so many people that are so anxious, like they have 911 on SPEED DIAL, to call police on every little stinking thing and then I come into the forums and I see a thread like this. I guess they're the same exact people that whined and cried on Friday's when he teacher didn't assign homework.

I think the point everyone is trying to make is that if this member wants a Sidearmor rail; he should come the USA and buy one. Not try to rope some dope into getting in trouble to save him a buck. Personally, I like Sidearmor products and wish him the best of luck getting another one. I for one do care when someone who is unwittingly encouraged to risk incarceration and fines because someone once told someone that it is legal to do it and that makes it okay. I could care less about ever calling the police; I for one always take care of my own business. However, this does not mean I like seeing people taken advantage of.

Edited by 00stormbringer

Oh ok, so you're protecting the unwitting dupe?

So you really think that a U.S. ATTORNEY would take up the time and resources of his/her office, agents from the ATF, FBI, Postal Inspector and DOJ and court personnel to investigate AND prosecute someone that helps a German citizen get a Sidearmor RAIL for his shotgun that he already brought one through customs on his flight back home to Germany?

There aren't FEDERAL JAILS BIG enough to house the criminals if that is the kinda "crime" they are going to go after and prosecute.

If that's the standard then NONE OF US are safe anymore.

Hey Guys!

Is there any US citizen willing to help out a fellow M4-nut by forwarding a Sidearmor Rail System to Germany?

Planning to get the entry-system for my 14" M4...

Of course I'm gladly willing to pay for the service!

Just shoot me a message!

Thanks a lot!

Hmmmm,......I remember a time when integrity was important to many. Soliciting people to commit an illegal act is just plain wrong. It is even worse for the person who unknowingly agrees to do this. All the while you only care about yourself. You think nothing of the individual you are trying to rope into your foolish idea.

You are making yourself look bad, you are making everyone else look bad.

So you really think that a U.S. ATTORNEY would take up the time and resources of his/her office, agents from the ATF, FBI, Postal Inspector and DOJ and court personnel to investigate AND prosecute someone that helps a German citizen get a Sidearmor RAIL for his shotgun that he already brought one through customs on his flight back home to Germany?

There aren't FEDERAL JAILS BIG enough to house the criminals if that is the kinda "crime" they are going to go after and prosecute.

If that's the standard then NONE OF US are safe anymore.

Yes, the criminal justice system is big business in the USA, and one of the largest employers. Even if you manage to avoid a jail sentence, the fines they will levy would surely make you reconsider any further violations.

By the way, ITAR laws help protect American Companies from patent infringement and out right counterfeiting.