M4 H2O, how many were sold? Keep or sell?

Medic650

Anyone one know how many M4 H2O's were sold? I know the rep for my LGS said only two were sold in his territory and I have one of them. Right away it looked like they may be rare so other than less than 25 rds of 1 1/8 oz field loads mine has been sitting in the safe. I was waiting to see if they became more common before I hung accessories in it or beat it up. I just got an M4 I and have a full length tube ordered and plan on changing it out with collapsible stock, etc.

My gut feeling is under at least the current administration, you wont see any more M4 H2O's or factory M4's with a collapsible stock. So sell now or keep a while longer? With what the last few have brought on gunbroker, I'm leaning towards selling.

I'd keep it!

. . . and shoot it!!! Or sell it to someone who will!!!!

Yeah, screw that 'collectible' nonsense, shoot it like there's no tomorrow (with the Communist gungrabbers you can never tell, note Colorado) and be glad you have it. I've got a 'collectible' M1014 and I regard it as a shooter.

I'd sell it. Considering the rarity, I believe you could get close to 4 grand out of it on chumpbroker. It might take a month or two to sell. Figure if it doesn't sell.

You have to write up the listing well. The receiver is made from Mithril and blessed by the Guidish Elves from Italy. Many high quality pictures will help.

Not even 922r compliant by the letter of the law. The reason Benneli had to stop selling them. Probably worthless really.

You should get rid of it to avoid getting the ATF upset.

I deal in scrap metals. I will give you $200 for it's base metal value. And pay another $75 to have it shipped to me.

PM me.

Keep it is! Rare is the firearm I've sold or traded that I haven't regretted. There are a lot of days I wish I still had my Bren Ten, I even had extra magazines, I thought that was too rare to shoot often and found something I thought I needed more.:(

After all, there is no such thing as too many firearms!!

Anyone one know how many M4 H2O's were sold? I know the rep for my LGS said only two were sold in his territory and I have one of them. Right away it looked like they may be rare so other than less than 25 rds of 1 1/8 oz field loads mine has been sitting in the safe. I was waiting to see if they became more common before I hung accessories in it or beat it up. I just got an M4 I and have a full length tube ordered and plan on changing it out with collapsible stock, etc.

My gut feeling is under at least the current administration, you wont see any more M4 H2O's or factory M4's with a collapsible stock. So sell now or keep a while longer? With what the last few have brought on gunbroker, I'm leaning towards selling.

If you want to maximize your rip-off potential (profit) you should sell it now.

Anyone who is interested in the functional value of the H2O can have their own M4 coated to a superior level in my opinion. You can have a M4 coated in either NP3 or go the extra mile and have it done in Nickel Boron. The advantage to Nickel Boron is you aren't stuck with the nickel finish on the exterior of the weapon. Nickel Boron can be Cerakoted over in any color you want. The nickel finish is only of any real value on the internal parts.

You also have the option of setting the M4 up the way you want before having any finish work done. You'll probably lay out about 500 dollars in custom finishing work. Compared to the price of an H2O, that's a steal.

Im in the process of doing mine as we speak. Should be back around mid April.

The value of the Np3 coating to Bellini was in the attempt to sidestep 922r, by having Beretta do this stateside, they 'manufactured' the parts in the USA by coating them. In doing so they hoped to offer the platform with collapsing stocks and full cap mag tubes - it was never about the NP3.

It goes to the very heart of the question - what constitutes 'Manufacturing' - and more importantly is there a relevant federal legal definition that applies as 922r is concerned?

Obviously the ATF disagrees with Benelli.

I'd agree with that assessment of the purpose. Many buyers are simply after the look and probably aren't aware of the functional benefits of the coating.

I would argue that a buyer would be better off purchasing a black 11707, adding sufficient 922® compliant parts, and then performing the finish they desire afterwards. Even at today's pricing, that would be well under 3000 dollars and you would have a better weapon in the end. I would rather have the titanium aftermarket magazine tube over the steel OEM unit.

Many of the H2O guns suffered fitting issues mainly in the trigger group assembly.

Bottom line is, is sell the rare item and buy something functional. We're at a high note for the market right now. If you're selling, now is the time before prices stabilize. For those who want an H2O, build one yourself for much cheaper and end up with a better product in the end.