Adding rail to handguard vs. surefire rail?

Danj

Any tips, tricks, downsides to using a US made forearm (I think a FFT one comes with the Botach mesa forearm, saddle, stock package) and adding a rail with screws and epoxy.

I'd like to mount a G2X.

How much less robust is it than a surefire M80?

I'd recommend reading through this thread:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/31661-Benelli-M4-Weapon-light-mounting-Options-Suck!

022-1_zpsfb6a2bbc.jpg

Here is what I put together. IWC makes an adapter that would allow your G2X to fit to the mount.

This is a lot of work, but it is far better than the Surefire M80 rail system. It's about half a pound lighter and a lot more comfortable to use.

I made it out of an otherwise worthless BLAM4. I drilled out one of the alignment holes to 0.500", filled in the threaded hole with epoxy, chopped the bracket for a reduced size. Filed all the edges down to remove snag hazards. Then chopped off the opposite side sling mount. Then I sent it off with the rest of my junk to get Cerakoted black so it won't rust.

The hole you see is just a portion of the QD sling mount. When the parts return, I'll install the IWC QD mount into the hole.