carriercomp lead times on tubes, anyone get theirs?

Jdkarmy

Hi everyone. Just wanted to provide you with the lead time for my Benelli BM4-TiFLMT+S-"DG" Full Length Magazine Tube from Kip at CarrierComp. I placed my order for the magazine Tube on December 26th 2012, and received a shipping confirmation yesterday. Can't wait to get it.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. Just wanted to provide you with the lead time for my Benelli BM4-TiFLMT+S-"DG" Full Length Magazine Tube from Kip at CarrierComp. I placed my order for the magazine Tube on December 26th 2012, and received a shipping confirmation yesterday. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks for sharing, quite helpful and nice to see they continue to work on their backlog. Seeing progress is encouraging, particularly for us that ordered in January.

Just to pass along some news regarding carriercomp wait times. According to their Facebook, they have stopped taking orders for magazine tubes and are trying to catch up with the back log. We're looking at an additional 3-4 months of wait time due to the massive demand.

So orders placed in February won't likely ship until July/August.

I just don't get it. Does Kip not have any workers and is HE the one who actually makes them? If so, then I can understand the wait I guess. From tubes to charging handles I can't see how it can take this long. I know there's A LOT of people who've been waiting on the black charging handles for quite a while now.

Kip has a few employees. I don't know how many or what kind of equipment he's running. He's a stickler for quality control, so it is hard to train people on a lathe up to his standards. The sheer numbers of tubes ordered is causing most of the delays. They stopped accepting orders due to delays from the company supplying titanium tube stock.

FYI for all, e-mailed them and got this chain.

Dear Neil,

Thank you for the generous offer! We are in the process of moving to a new (larger) facility, and have been fortunate enough to find two new (and very promising) individuals to help out. We are hoping to reinstate availability of all items in a few months time, or at least by the end of the year. Please check our store occasionally for item availability. Thanks again!

Marcy

carriercomp

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Neil Loaiza wrote:

Have you tried hiring other Marines that have gotten out recently? I know I would love to learn and help out in your trait. I'm still active and more than 10 years left to retirement but is there anything I could do to help?

Sent from my ******

On Mar 31, 2013, at 11:21 PM, kip carrier wrote:

Dear Neil,

I'm afraid we have been forced to suspend sales of all items for now due to the huge influx of orders we have experienced in the past few months. We are a small, family-owned business whose founder and owner is a retired Marine. His plan was to have something to supplement his retirement pay, and pay our bills comfortably while still having time to relax and enjoy ourselves now and then. We are proud and happy that our business has done so well, but it has progressed far beyond anything we ever anticipated!

We were just going to do our best to power through, since there seemed to be those who did not mind waiting the longer than usual amount of production time, but as time went by, it became evident that the wait was going to turn into 5 or 6 months. We attempted to hire and train people, but found that it was very difficult to pass on the passion for quality and attention to detail that our customers had come to expect from our products. We also began to have trouble with getting the supplies we needed, since the suppliers were becoming overwhelmed also.

We finally made the decision to focus just on the orders we have now, some of which will take 5 or 6 months to ship out. Once we are caught up to a reasonable production time, we will put the item back in the store for sale, but at this point it is impossible to say how long that will be. I would suggest checking our store now and then for updates.

I'm terribly sorry we could not give you better news. Please be assured we will be working hard to catch back up to our normal production times.

Meanwhile, we thank you for your interest in our products. It is deeply appreciated!

Humbly,

Kip and Marcy Carrier

carriercomp

Awesome news. Ordered mine the 27th so hopefully I will hear something any day!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice folks to deal with...I simply got tired of the waiting and canceled my order. Placed my order back in January and expected a 3-4 month wait. Looks more like a 6-7 plus month wait. They refunded my money without issue as promised. I am looking at other options. Just not a must have right now.

Wow, I hear ya I'm getting tired of waiting as well however Im so far into it now I just gotta tough it out.. You must have ordered in late January I assume, I ordered mine around the 13th which people a couple weeks prior seem to have recently got theirs. Nonetheless If I had known it would take this long from the start I probably would have went with someone else's tube.

lighter yes, but at 3 times the cost

and to wait 6 months?

the m4 is never going to be a lightweight

i thought about the carrier comp just didn't make sense to me

why worry about an ounce of weight when i plan on adding a side saddle, rail, light

if you want a lightweight gun, buy something else

and to wait 6 months?

why worry about an ounce of weight when i plan on adding a side saddle, rail, light

Weight isn't the key factor here, quality is. Carrier Comp is the best there is.

and to wait 6 months?

I don't plan to add a side saddle and rail. The light I have is one of the lightest ones available as it my red dot and that is all that adorns my M4. IMO, the M4 is plenty heavy, adding all the rounds only exacerbates the problem, I'll take weight savings where I can get it, particularly the further away from my body. To each their own.

I just checked two sites for the DMW, looks like it was out of stock as well.

try to find one negative review of a dmw tube

come one ppl its a straight pipe, not that hard to make

I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about dmw...only saying why they PREFER to have the cc titanium tube. We hear your preference loud and clear, now how about letting us have OUR preference. You do not feel the cc is worth the wait, and that is certainly your prerogative! However, it seems there are those who DO feel it is worth the wait, and they are certainly entitled to that. This thread has Carriercomp in the title, not dmw. You are certainly welcome to begin a dmw thread...after all, it is an open forum. Just saying...

Oh, and BTW, calling it just a straight pipe...really??

Mine just arrived today! This thing is awesome, quality is amazing.

Before you install that beauty, any chance of getting an acurate weight. Would be good info to answer the question as to how much lighter the CC tube is as compared to my 4130 steel tube (8.5 oz). I had calculated that the TI tube should be about 5 oz.

Just to let you all know, mine also arrived today. I received a shipping notice April 16th. It wasn't accepted until the 30th by the Post Office, and was delivered today.

Edited by holtv663