carriercomp lead times on tubes, anyone get theirs?

Jdkarmy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.75 oz is what mine came in at tube only.

Thanks for taking the time and effort. I had calculated about the. My tubes are 8.5 oz, so a bit heavier, but not much, about the weight of one 12ga round.

I still have a few FL tubes ready for quick shipment, they are in matte black "Diamond Kote" and one still uncoated for someone looking for a custom color. [email protected]

... My tubes are 8.5 oz....

How does one make steel tubes that light? Are they thin walled compared to the factory steel ones?

I ask because the FFT steel tube I had weighed 10.5 oz, which is similar to the Benelli 7 rounder at 10.66 oz.

My only concern with steel is actually a plus for the "glass half full" sort...

...any thin-walled steel tube that starts life at 8-1/2 oz doesn't have to rust very long in order to slim down to 5-1/2 oz titanium class.

• 2 weeks later...

It has only been a little over 3 months since I placed an order for my Carriercomp magazine tube so I wasn't expecting to receive it just yet, but curiosity got the best of me and I emailed to see if there was any new news as far as an estimated shipping date. This is what I received as an answer:

Current circumstances have forced us to suspend all sales and take no new orders until production times are back within acceptable time frames. Right now any estimate of lead times can only be assumptions, since we have no history of this level of business to base them on. We are in the process of relocating our business to a larger facility in an attempt to catch up with production on a recent onslaught of orders. All we can say for sure is that it will be at least 5 months from the time the order was placed.

December and January were by far the busiest months in our company's history. We hired people and attempted to train them, but it appears it is very hard to instill quality standards in people when they lack the passion and sense of ownership that we have invested in our company and our customers, so it has been slow-going. To compound the problem, our suppliers cannot keep up with the extra resources we need right now.

We realize that there will be those who do not want to wait the longer than usual amount of time for the product, but hopefully there will still be some who do not mind the wait. Please be aware that our software requires that the card by charged by the 30th day, otherwise the authorization will expire, and the order will become invalid. If you are in any way uncomfortable with the time frame, we would certainly understand, and can cancel the order and offer you a prompt and courteous refund of your money.

Please be assured that, even though we are spread very thin, we are working hard to get these mag tubes out as soon as we possibly can!

We thank you again for your order, and your patience!!

Humbly,

Marcy Carrier

carriercomp

So while I am anxiously awaiting my magazine tube and it is frustrating at times, I appreciate the fact that Carriercomp is still dedicated to the high quality that they are known for. It must be frustrating for them also to face the problems that they are facing while trying to maintain their high quality standards and still getting the product out the door. I will continue to wait, knowing that when I finally do get my order, it will be the high quality that we have come to expect from Carriercomp.

CC - All we can say for sure is that it will be at least 5 months from the time the order was placed.

...and....

rbuzz - So while I am anxiously awaiting my magazine tube and it is frustrating at times, I appreciate the fact that Carriercomp is still dedicated to the high quality that they are known for. It must be frustrating for them also to face the problems that they are facing while trying to maintain their high quality standards and still getting the product out the door. I will continue to wait, knowing that when I finally do get my order, it will be the high quality that we have come to expect from Carriercomp.

Appreciate the update, I ordered in January so I am hoping I see my tube in June.

+1 very much worth the wait. I installed mine this morning. If it takes you longer to get the tube off than to assemble and reassemble the weapon, YOUR DOING IT WRONG! LOL Put the heat gun to mine for about 3 or 4 minutes being sure to focus on the front of the receiver as directed, infrared thermo read 275 deg. and came off with great ease. I had mine in a 6in vise with some rubber pads and two silicon hot pads, rated for 500 deg., and job was very simple. Color of the TI tube is an exact match of the barrel. Can not wait for them to start making charging handles again so I can get one of those.

I ordered 2/26 and haven't heard a peep since order confirmation, although I have been charged.

Everyone was charged within 30 days to effectively cover transfer of ownership (more can be read about this on their website I believe).

Everyone was charged within 30 days to effectively cover transfer of ownership (more can be read about this on their website I believe).

Thanks. I'm aware of the original timelines/reasons. Just letting everyone know that there has been no further activity on an order from 2/26.

For those of you that received a shipping confirmation last week and are still waiting for your mag tube to arrive, I just got this email back from Marcy at Carriercomp. Some great customer support from these folks - I always get a prompt response when I have a question. Looks like my wait is almost over! In the meantime, my M4 is patiently waiting for it's new mag tube :)

54e0731d-4c55-4e6d-a2c8-20735f7dfff6_zps99472534.jpg

Dear Lincoln,

These are actually packed and ready to ship today. Kip got called out of town, and didn't make it back until a couple of days ago. He is the only one who applies coating, so we had to wait for him. Sorry for the extra delay. Here is the tracking number for the package. 940590969993850530xxxx

Thanks again, and Enjoy!!

Sincerely,

Marcy Carrier

carriercomp

Just wondering where I am in respect to timing, placed my order on Jan 13th. Wondering if anyone near my order date has received there tube yet?

I placed an order 2 days after yours (Jan 15th), and I'm still waiting. I contacted CC & apparently I'm looking at receiving mine sometime in July or maybe even August. Hopefully we should be receiving them around the same time. Hope this helps!