carriercomp lead times on tubes, anyone get theirs?

Jdkarmy

I placed an order 2 days after yours (Jan 15th), and I'm still waiting. I contacted CC & apparently I'm looking at receiving mine sometime in July or maybe even August. Hopefully we should be receiving them around the same time. Hope this helps!

I ordered January 20th, I hope to see it in a similar time frame, please keep us updated.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on my tube, ordered Jan 13th.. hoping soon, and LRM u need to get an oversized bolt handle if you havent already :) the comfortability in my 1/2 FFT charging handle vs the stocker is night and day. Looking good! Jealous, cant wait for my tube to get here!

Ordered 2 January... Received today...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2176[/ATTACH]

Nice! Thanks for the update & pics. Now I know how the item is being shipped, too. For whatever reason, CC would not tell me how the tube would be shipped (FedEx, UPS, etc). Hopefully I'll be receiving it soon

Does Kip still make Ti standard 5-round/SBS mag tubes?

Maybe, but not at the moment. When I contacted CC about the charging handles, I was told they're strictly doing full length mag tubes right now with no guarantee they'd be doing anything else in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered January 20th, I hope to see it in a similar time frame, please keep us updated.

I thought I ordered the mag tube on Jan 15th, but it was actually the 14th. Anyhow, I received notification that the tube was shipped on 7/1. Looks like yours should be in the mail any day now (or could already be enroute)

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my tube yesterday the 12th, ordered again on Jan 13th. Everything looks phenomenal and the quality of the part looks perfect as well as the coating etc, can't wait to install it, the wait was brutal, and hopefully they can get their production times down significantly, now that I have mine its not a concern, but was definitely much longer of a wait then I was hoping for.

Just received my tube yesterday the 12th, ordered again on Jan 13th. Everything looks phenomenal and the quality of the part looks perfect as well as the coating etc, can't wait to install it, the wait was brutal, and hopefully they can get their production times down significantly, now that I have mine its not a concern, but was definitely much longer of a wait then I was hoping for.

I just received mine (finally!) on Saturday, 7/13. The installation was a little tougher than I expected. Halfway through screwing the mag tube into the receiver it came to an abrupt stop, and I thought for sure the threads were messed up. I had to use all my strength to get it set in properly. I did use loctite...but I'd imagine once the tube is in its not going to come loose very easily

I just received mine (finally!) on Saturday, 7/13. The installation was a little tougher than I expected. Halfway through screwing the mag tube into the receiver it came to an abrupt stop, and I thought for sure the threads were messed up. I had to use all my strength to get it set in properly. I did use loctite...but I'd imagine once the tube is in its not going to come loose very easily

All of my old thread lock came off with the old tube. Could you have had a hard, dry gob of it in the threads of the receiver? Of course, it matters little as you got it on.

All of my old thread lock came off with the old tube. Could you have had a hard, dry gob of it in the threads of the receiver? Of course, it matters little as you got it on.

Surprisingly, there wasn't. To take the factory tube off I used a heat gun & took a wire brush to the internal threads to make sure it was all clear & free of gunk. That's why I kind of got a little nervous; I thought there was a defect in the threading (not to mention thinking how long it would take to replace it if needed lol) but yes, it's on & works like a champ

Just finished installing the mag tube, was really surprised how easy it ended up being, only felt like I had the heat gun on for a couple minutes before it was free to turn. Cant wait to go shoot it now. Still need to swap out my hammer prior tho for the 922r now! maybe tomorrow...

Just received my tube yesterday the 12th, ordered again on Jan 13th.

I placed an order 2 days after yours (Jan 15th), and I'm still waiting.

I just received mine (finally!) on Saturday, 7/13.

As I previously noted, I ordered mine January 20th and hadn't seen it yet. So I contacted Carrier Comp and received the following:

We are starting to send out orders from the third week of January now, but the bad news is there were hundreds of orders in January alone, that is what is really slowing things down! It looks like we have a couple of batches to go before we get to yours. Barring any unforeseen obstacles, yours should be ready to go in a couple of weeks. You will receive an auto-generated e-mail when I create the shipping labels, which I typically do a few days before the items ship. We use Priority Mail for shipping, which takes 3 or 4 days. Thank you again for your patience!

Sincerely,

Marcy Carrier

carriercomp!

Looks like I still have a few weeks to wait, hard to believe a one week difference in ordering is resulting in a five to six week difference in delivery but I guess when you receive 100s of orders in one month...

Edited by RDA1

Cut these guys slack, they are not a giant machine shop banging out product all day long. In all my time here I have never been aware of anyone complaining about the product quality once they receive it.

If that is towards me, I believe I am cutting them quite a bit of slack, I was originally told it would be three months, it has now been six months and looks like seven months is the current estimate.

I posted so that others like me can potentially gauge their situation without necessarily having to bother Carrier Comp to receive the same information. I personally appreciated those that were providing their updates.