carriercomp lead times on tubes, anyone get theirs?

Jdkarmy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know the weight differences between these and a regular full length tube? I've been waiting for so damn long to even order.... and then I'd have to wait to get it fulfilled.

If you read back through this thread there are weights mentioned for both steel and titanium tubes. You may want to go back through the whole thread, because there are several different numbers thrown out there for different brands.

If you read back through this thread there are weights mentioned for both steel and titanium tubes. You may want to go back through the whole thread, because there are several different numbers thrown out there for different brands.

Apparently the Ti tube weighs 5.75 oz , my 4130 steel tube weighs 8.5 oz. As suggested, if you hunt back through the old postings there were several discussions about the relative weight issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received notice that my 14" Ti tube (for a SBS M4) was being made this week. The actual shotgun is in "NFA jail" awaiting the stamp from the BATFE. I actually ordered the shotgun in Sept 2012. It took 2 months to come in, then 2 months to transfer dealer to dealer, and the Form 4 was mailed in January. Should have the shotgun by the end of the year.M4_zps46a3ceb3.jpg

Edited by calviroman

Same here, this is getting ridiculous.

I ordered mine mid-February. I get that they aren't a big company etc but it would have been nice if they had put up some kind of a timeframe. I figured a month or 2. We're going on 7 Months though.

This is why carriercomp stopped accepting orders. Their capacity to deliver the items was far exceeding their ability to produce them. There was also some issue in obtaining the raw materials to produce them. I have four of them on order for a project I'm working on from 02/17/2013. Hopefully they'll ship some time in the next month since 02/01/2013 orders are reportedly shipping.

• 4 weeks later...

The tube will come, no doubt, but if you are no longer able to be patient with a small Mom and Pop manufacturer of a high quality part, I'm sure Kip and Marcy would refund your money and cancel your order. They won't have any trouble selling the tube that you ordered to someone else in short order.

I have there tube on my M4 and all I can say is Thank you sir for sending it this was 2 years ago when I got mine and put it on. it was about a 5 month wait and ( worth it ) thank you for not raising the prices on some people that still wanted it. everything this guy touched turns to gold. give a Marine some Credit where its do...

• 2 weeks later...