carriercomp lead times on tubes, anyone get theirs?

Jdkarmy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got word from Carriercomp that my order which was placed February 14, is being coated now and should ship out next week. It's been a long wait but from what I hear, I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Carriercomp must be making progress on the backlog of orders since they have started taking orders again.

• 4 weeks later...
So Oct 5th I requested an update regarding my order made March 2nd. I was told shouldn't be more than 4 or 5 weeks. Still nothing and they are taking new orders. Feels like.........I am losing faith in Kip.

Then cancel your order. A mom and pop shop SLAMMED with orders over the past year, as was the rest of the firearms industry because of Sandy Hook. Heck, I bought mine years ago and they still took a few months. Why you waited until 2013 to buy this part is known only to you.

If I were you I'd buy someone else's tube and install. When Kip's does show up, sell it at a mark up which will probably pay for a good chunk of the other tube you installed.

So Oct 5th I requested an update regarding my order made March 2nd. I was told shouldn't be more than 4 or 5 weeks. Still nothing and they are taking new orders. Feels like.........I am losing faith in Kip.

Have faith OO Buck. Ordered mine on Feb 21st. Shipping info generated Nov 15th. Shipped Nov 23rd. The time between the shipping info generated and actual shipment lets you notify them if your address has changed. Also Marcy said the entire staff got sick and was unable to get mine out a little sooner. Delivered yesterday Nov 27th. So looking at your March 2nd order date you can calculate two weeks? or so

I have both carriercomp and FFT. I'd say the machining on the carriercomp unit is superior. The lathe work is aerospace grade workmanship. Carriercomp leaves the threading bare where FFT coats the threading as well. I personally prefer carriercomp's method since it allows the surface material a better chance to bond to the receiver's type III anodizing when the proper Locktite is used.

Generally, carriercomp is cheaper than FFT. You also get the Wolff spring and a US made follower for the price.

The color match of the carriercomp's Cerakote is custom blended to match the finish of the M4. It matches better than the FFT coating.

Anything carriercomp has an incredible resale value due to demand outstripping supply.

The only negative is the lead time to get a carriercomp tube. With wait times of 3 - 10 months, most users are better off just getting a FFT tube that can be had in less than a month.

FFT tubes are nice. They will perform the job as desired.

• 3 weeks later...

Originally ordered 2/26/13. Got my shipping notice on 12/2, but there was a delay due to a death in Kip's family. Tube just arrived today, 12/23 and it's immaculate. Flawless. Looking forward to putting it on. Almost 10 months to the day, but the weight and quality looks to be worth it.

Almost 10 months to the day, but the weight and quality looks to be worth it.

Wow! Ten months! Just ordered one a few weeks ago when CC began taking online orders again. Sure hope it doesn't take this long as I have all other parts needed for my project (all available on a short time scale). Cant figure out what takes so long for a simple one piece product.

Edited by NHnewbie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...