carriercomp lead times on tubes, anyone get theirs?

Jdkarmy

Mar 10, 2013 - ordered and payment completed.

Jan. 2, 2014 - Your order is nearing shipment. This notice is to inform you that your order is either nearing completion, or complete, and a shipping label has been generated, and expected to be placed with shipper during the upcoming week.

Jan. 14, 2014 - I sent an email to make sure it didn't get shipped to some other address and was advised of the passing of Kip's brother a few weeks prior.

Jan. 24th now and it's cold down south, could be too cold for applying the coating, so that may be holding it up some more. I wanted the best for my low serial number M1014 and everyone says these are the best, so I'm sure I will be happy I waited.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard (from other sites) that they had a problem with getting good people who would produce the kind of quality that carriercomp insisted on, and several were tried and fired. Not sure if they use their own equipment, (laths, etc), or hire it out, but precision and fit-&-finish seem to be non negotiable to carriercomp. It got them way behind, and with the buying craze of last Christmas time (school shooting and fear of politics), they got overwhelmed with orders. I bought (ordered) a lot of ammo just before politicians started rattling pens and some orders took 7 to 10 months to get filled. Even 22 cal ammo vanished.

I am 65 this year and have always wanted a Benelli tactical shotgun. I finally decided to go looking online for a good deal on a new Benelli,, and that led me to the M4,, which exposed me to the M1014 American Flag edition. I hit the "buy it now" button for $2500 when I found one nearly N.I.B. (fired 5 times by the owner) where the bidding had gone to $2375. The box it came in had the proper serial number and stated, "collapsible buttstock", but it had a fixed stock. The nice ones (buttstocks) like Marines were using were going for $500+ each,, but one day I spotted an auction that had a "buy it now" price of $299. I instantly clicked it and then started looking it over, thinking I had bought something not quite what I wanted. My gun had the proper inertia tube for the collapsible stock, and when it came in I installed it with a big grin. I added U.S. trigger/hammer parts and ordered the carriercomp titanium tube, spring, and follower to complete my full compliance with 922r. But still,, why order "this" magazine tube and wait so long?

When the M1014's were accepted by the military, 2500 were made and stamped with the U.S. Flag on the receiver. The first 500 of those were grabbed off the line as presentation gifts for dignitaries, etc. My gun has a low 600 serial number, so in actuality, it was among the first 100something destined for non-dignitary civilian hands. It's now a thing of beauty and will soon have the full magazine tube which looks like it was born with and military grade collapsible stock. I had to wait for the ultimate magazine tube, nothing else would measure up.

I just wish I had not waited until I was too old to wear it out,, but younger guys don't normally have that kind of money to burn. I have about 3 grand in it. Maybe they will bury it with me and I can make he-double-toothpicks a nicer place to be.:D

Edited by badkins100

Yes the wait is long - but the product is perfect. Most high precision niche market items have a long wait time. Look at top-end 1911 smiths, commonly a 1-2 year wait for world-class work

Couldn't agree more. I love the 1911's.

I had Wilson Combat build me these two customized fraternal twin guns....Tactical Elite (Government full size ) and Professional Elite (Commander size) models in 2011 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the 1911........just about a year to get them.

Edited by benelliwerkes

A few more traditional 1911's.

I massaged a common Colt Officer Model into a pretty nice package with some upgrades.

The history of Charlie Kelsey and his Devel Company makes for good bedtime unsolved gunsmith corporate unsolved murder conspiracy readings. I incorporated his innovative simple modification to allow the 1911 safety to remain active to unload the 1911 in the Officer model; why the feature is not commonplace I can't figure out.

Edited by benelliwerkes

Only issue i would have with that is now the weapon can come out of battery when being holstered.

As a matter of proper form, one should always press the back of the slide with the thumb when re-holstering any semi-automatic to make sure that it is indeed in battery, that's why you do it with a Glock or M&P or any other that does not have a slide locking mechanism; these guns being ~ 1/8" out of battery will not fire (good to know for self-defense ! and remember when shooting from within a vehicle if you place the muzzle up against a closed window / windshield). It doesn't mean that violent jarring of the gun within the holster, or a debris within the holster could not dislodge the slide from battery. A well maintained recoil spring and attention to form will usually make this concern a non-issue.

Edited by benelliwerkes

I'm sorry, is this thread about Carrier Comp parts or 1911's? All that is missing is a reply quote of the pictures...

I ordered my Carrier Comp tube and patiently waited several months for it to arrive. During that time my encounters with zombies and home invasions were minimal and I was able to defend my castle adequately with the stock mag tube w/o issue. ;)

Seriously? Yes, a page and a half derailment about 1911s,......you will wait about ten months.

There are also other options available for a full length mag tube. No Zombie uprisings to date, so you are safe.

Apologies for my part in the thread sidetrack,........seems it was a great place filler though.

So, still no tube?

Edited by M2_shootr

I went ahead and removed my Benelli magazine today since my carriercomp stuff should be here Monday or Tuesday. Not having a heat gun, I tried using my wife's hair dryer (blow-dryer?). It eventually did some good and I got the original tube to unscrew about a half turn. I kept applying the heat in the area and gave it time to transfer to the threadlock material, but it appeared it was not going to do it. I went out and got my MAPP gas torch.

Now,, this in not recommended by the experts because the MAPP gas torch has a flame of over 5000 degrees and it would be pretty easy to deform or change the temper of the metal in the receiver, and in fact, I recommend against using any flame to heat the metal parts. I never let the flame get close to the receiver and tube, and kept it wagging like crazy in attempt to "slowly" add more warmth to the thread sealant. It worked like a charm. No need to be in a hurry. Once you get the thread locking compound hot, it will stay hot for quite a while, so there is no need to be in a jerking hurry. I got it just warm enough that I couldn't lay my hand on it, but could touch it, placed the buttstock between my feet and unscrewed the old tube out fairly easily with my bare hands. It never got hot enough that I could smell the thread compound. After removing the original tube, I brushed the threads in the receiver to clean them,, and now I am ready to put the new tube on when it gets here. I will not use loctite on the new tube as this weapon will be handled like a baby unless zombies come flooding over the wall. If I start using it as a club, I may have to eventually use loctite.

I was leaning toward buying a heat gun,, tried to borrow one but couldn't run one down. I knew a torch would work if great care was used to keep the torch flame 8 to 10 inches off the metal and just waft the heat column where it is needed carefully and quickly. I think many of us can use the torch,, but I know people who would burn a hole through the steel or warp parts if I suggested using a torch. A mini propane torch lighter would probably work too. The experts would always say, "do not use a torch to heat the metal",, and we know why. I almost wanted to place my hand near the area to be heated just so I would burn my hand off before overheating the metal. LOL!!

Oops, I see there is already a thread concerning magazine removal. Oh well. Ya'll have been thread-jacked by a crazy man wielding a disassembled Benelli M1014. Okay,, you are free to go. Hope I didn't scare anyone.

Edited by badkins100

I would never have had the nerve to use a torch on a $1800 Benelli shot gun even as carefully as I'm sure badkins100 did. I just would not have been able to do it. When I replaced the magazine tube on my M4 with a Carriercomp tube I used a heat gun, and to be honest, I didn't even want to use that for fear of doing some damage, because if anything is going to go wrong, it is going to happen to me. But after hearing numerous reports that it worked and would not damage anything I finally began, although with a lot of trepidation. Having never had the need for a heat gun before, I figured that if I bought one it would probably be used one time and never again so I went the cheap route. I visited Harbor Freight and bought a dual temperature heat gun for $8.99. I must admit that I was sceptical that such a cheap tool would even work, but I figured that I didn't have much to lose with only spending that amount and went ahead and tried it. It worked like a champ! After about 2 minutes of heating the tube/receiver the old tube screwed out. It turned out to be a surprising easy end to a job that I had been dreading. It seems like every time I tackle a job it turns out to be at least 10 times harder that expected, and everything that could possible go wrong does go wrong. This job was a pleasant surprise. As far as the heat gun goes, I have already found and used it for a couple of other minor jobs, and it continues to work well. Sometimes, but not very often, things work out better than I could have ever imagined.

Was wondering if it could be accomplished with a torch. I decided to get a heat gun, there have been a few times where I have needed or wanted one. Picked up a DeWalt model for right at $60

Harbor Freight Tools has heat guns for under $15. Not DeWalt quality but more than adequate for occasional use. I have also found cheapies at some major auto parts chains, Lowes, HD etc.