carriercomp lead times on tubes, anyone get theirs?

Jdkarmy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never have had the nerve to use a torch on a $1800 Benelli shot gun even as carefully as I'm sure badkins100 did.......

As long as the heat was kept moving, there should not be any issue. As long as heated up how he described.

Heat gun added a great deal of assurance for me.

The end of the projects. It's done. The red stuff you see on the old mag tube is cosmoline type grease. It looked like rust when I saw the photo so I grabbed my headlight magnifier. It has a slight shine to it, but the barrel is bone dry. I was hoping it would be the exact finish as the barrel, but this is great.

Before

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2502[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2503[/ATTACH]

After

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2504[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2505[/ATTACH]

Terrible photos. Needs to be outdoors.

Edited by badkins100

I fully loaded it, 9 with the ghost. It is really heavy,, but good heavy. I was not planning on doing a 5 mile forced march with it. We have younger people to do that,, but if any zombies get by them, this heavy little pig would be comforting around the the compound. Of it we need a quick L.Z. cleared.

I fully loaded it, 9 with the ghost. It is really heavy,, but good heavy. I was not planning on doing a 5 mile forced march with it. We have younger people to do that,, but if any zombies get by them, this heavy little pig would be comforting around the the compound. Of it we need a quick L.Z. cleared.

Because of previous discussions about weight, I figured... A TI tube with 7 rds of 00 weighs about 20.8 oz, one of my 4130 steel tubes fully loaded is 23.8 oz.

If you don't want to wait, I have one tube left...pay and it will be in the mail tomorrow. After that one. I'll be working on another batch. Info at [email protected] ... or search this forum.

• 2 months later...
Did I see somewhere that Kip is a disabled Vet or something? Or do I have him confused with someone else?

That is correct. Small world. Found out when chewing the fat with a MCSC operator that claims to know Kip personally from the late 90's. Can't recall all the details, but his reflections were positive.