M4 extention tube

abg187

This is my first Benelli M4, I had a DMW 7 round extention tube installed by Dave a couple of days ago. I've only been able to put 6 shells in the tube, I cannot completely load the 7th shell. Is there something I can do to fix this problem or do I Call DMW? The reason I'm asking this question on this forum is because maybe other guys with M4 extention tubes have this same problem. Thanks:cool:

Yes, surprisingly enough, this has come up a time or twenty. Somebody needs to put a sticky on this.

Loaded shotgun shell lengths are not consistent between manufacturers or even within a manufacturer's inventory. In others words: try a different brand. Try a couple of different brands. Maybe trim a couple of coils off the magazine spring, depending on how much farther that final shell need to go if you're in love with the ammo you've been trying.

Also: do a search on the forum. This has been discussed at least 3 times in the last couple of months.

Here's one to get you started: http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/31663-Magazine-Capacity-Issue!?highlight=shell+length

Edited by truckcop

I called Dave today at DMW he told me how to remove the new spring and replace it with the original Benelli spring. Great news!!! My M4 with the DMW tube extention is now taking 7+1. What a bear to put that spring back in. Just thought I'd let you know.

DIY, it's only about a 15min job, real easy. Melting point oem loctite is 253 deg. You dont need two hands. One hand to hold the gun and one to twist the barrel at 253 deg.

Show us a picture of your Benelli M4 with the extention tube you put on. I myself have peace of mind knowing that I didn't screw anything up trying to install the tube myself.

Show us a picture of your Benelli M4 with the extention tube you put on. I myself have peace of mind knowing that I didn't screw anything up trying to install the tube myself.

Many, if not most, of the regulars on this forum have installed 7 round mag tubes on their M4's themselves. There are *MANY* threads here about it with very detailed information, pictures, videos, etc. It really takes a knucklehead to screw it up....;) If you don't know which end of a heat gun to point toward the object to be heated, maybe it's not a task you should tackle....otherwise, you can probably handle it, if you have the proper tools.

I think we would still like to see a picture of YOUR Benelli M4 with the extion tube.

I meant no offense by my previous post, however, MINE - both of them - look just like everyone else's. I'm not sure what posting a picture of it proves...as I said, you can pretty much draw a name out of a hat among (at least) the senior members of this board and they have installed their own 7 round mag tubes. I personally have installed 5 of them.

Edited by paladinjme