Just The Mention Of A Gun In School

BenelliShot12

Hey guys, I'm apart of the Long Island Firearms Community, we recently had a situation happen out in one of our school districts here in Long Island that we feel every firearm owner should be aware of. Below I copy/pasted the initial thread:

March 1st was just another day when I put my 10 year old, fourth grade son John on the bus and sent him off to school. Or so I thought. On the contrary, today was the day that my life as a gun owner was about to change, dramatically and rapidly.

Sometime during the day, my son allegedly spoke with a few of his classmates. The boys (excluding my son) were involved in a school yard pushing incident the day before. Two or three of these boys (including my son) were talking about going to the house of the boys that did the pushing. These boys were to take with them a water, paint and bb gun. Word of this got to the principal. She immediately interrogated the children. I received a call from the principal advising me of this just as my son got off the bus. She also advised me that my son was to be suspended for two days because of his words. She decided that this talk amongst students warranted filing a police report. If this wasn't bad enough, the police were sent to my residence and I was advised that my guns may be taken from me. This can't be happening, I thought. But it was.

The following Monday I received a call from Pistol Licensing that they would be at my residence in the morning to take my guns and suspend my license. I attempted to explain that this must be a mistake, no wrong doing occurred on my part. My son has no access to any of my guns. The officer that came to my residence saw that all my guns were secured.Pistol Licensing was not interested in my side of the story. They were only interested in what happened with my ten year old son in school.

If you think this can't happen to you, you are wrong. It is happening every day here in American.

Kids get suspended from school and the aftermath can be as ugly as my situation.

When will my license be restored? What is involved? What is the cost? These are all questions that I had. Some still remain unanswered. The few answers I have are not at all comforting. According to the police, I can expect to have my license restored when my son is an adult and moves out of my residence. If I don't want to wait that long I can file an Article 78 and request that my license be reinstated. The cost, so far, about $6,500 monetarily. Emotionally, the cost is far, far higher. That can't be calculated. All my handguns are gone, my license is suspended and my long arms are out of the house waiting to be sold at a local store.

What can you do to protect yourself and others? First, pick up the phone and call Senator Flanagans office. Demand that they enact legislation similar to Maryland's Senate Bill 1058. It will protect school age children, their rights and those of their parents. Second, keep a firearms attorney on your speed dial. Carry his card. Remember his number. Next, buddy up with someone you trust that has a valid pistol license. Be ready at a moments notice to transfer your guns to him. You of course will do the same for him if the need arises. That will protect your guns from becoming property of the County in which you live. Talk to your kids. This is what hurts. In order to make them "School Compliant", you will have to supress there rights to exist as children. Don't let them say "pow" when they point there little fingers. Don't let them mention guns, water, paint, bb, or other. You just learned what can happen. And it happened right here in Suffolk County, to one of us.

With any luck, and some hard work from us all, a bill comparable to 1058 will pass here in New York. Then we can begin to breathe more freely. Schools need to understand that 5-12 year olds pointing their fingers in harmless gestures, are not the threats they need to subdue. What we need to subdue is the army of over zealous, over paid, school administrators that suddenly have become the "finger pointing police",

This is the lunacy that is now in our schools. Read it and weep.

http://www.cnn.com/2...-girl-suspended

http://www.foxnews.c...o-gun-dad-says/

http://www.glouceste...to-lawsuit.html

http://www.theblaze....-during-recess/

http://www.infowars....n-screen-saver/

http://www.prisonpla...-paper-gun.html

http://www.prisonpla...g-lego-gun.html

http://www.wfmz.com/...nz/-/index.html

http://chickashanews...for-gun-gesture

Another school district is requesting that a deaf students name be changed

because when using sign language his name "resembles a weapon"

http://www.theblaze....embles-weapons/

I am confident that there are many more of these suspensions . Most, like

my son's, have yet to make it to the media. In speaking with attorneys, I have learned that these suspensions are reaching alarming levels.

The "Pastry Gun Suspension" has already started a cry for the enactment of

legislation by Senator J. B. Jennings.

http://www.foxnews.c...gun-suspension/

Senate Bill 1058 (The Reasonable School Discipline Act of 2013) was created by Senator Jennings to eradicate these issues in Maryland.

http://mgaleg.maryla.../sb/sb1058F.pdf

This is exactly the type of legislation we need here in New York to protect our children, our guns and our rights.

A good place to start is Senator Flanagans office. This occurred in his district. His phone number is 631-361-2154. His contact information can be found herehttp://www.nysenate....lanagan/contact

Be aware. Be prepared. Be vigilant. Be safe.

Our members set up a legal fund to help him out. Please visit our site at www.longislandfirearms.com to see the responses.

• 9 years later...

1. Jesus come quickly.

2. I am so glad that I was able to enjoy most of my life before the Godless, Anti-America Woke Mob completely destroys this country. Thank you Lord.

3. I hate to say it, but at a certain point, there comes a time when you just have to start shooting back against a tyrannical government. After all, that is precisely how this country was founded. But, of course, the Godless, Anti-America Woke Mob won't teach that to our kids in history class any more. What a joke. 🙄

What you are experiencing is the situation referred to as Hoplophobia.

Hoplophobia is the irrational fear of firearms. Someone or groups of people [collective group think] experiencing this mental disorder may endure very intense bouts of anxiety as a result of their fear. Their fear of guns may influence their opinions on society, as well. For instance, people or groups with this condition may blame guns as being the reason for why people commit murders and other atrocities, as opposed to blaming the psychological health of the individual.

Unfortunately, Hoplophobia is being administered to our kids primarily in public schools. By the time a child leaves public school they have been indoctrinated toward a psychosocial mental state of "guns are evil and people that own guns are evil". 

The United States Army has reported that 50% of new recruits have never held a gun in their lives. Around 10% of recruits at Boot Camp go through hoplophobia-like counseling sessions to overcome any fears. 

Karl Marx was a fan of public education.

• Like 1

Thank God Hoplophobia wasn't prevalent at the time of the Revolutionary War, or WWI, or WWII, etc. These Woke Hoplophobs don't seem to be faring very well against armed criminals in every liberal city every day in the US right now. Perhaps these Woke Hoplophobs need to be beaten, robbed, raped and murdered in broad daylight enough times, again and again, by armed criminals before they wake up to the true nature of the Wokeness - mayhem. Who knows. Sadly, I'm getting to the point of Who cares at this point. They wanted to embrace mayhem. They got it.   

Edited by ThisShouldDoTheJob

On 9/5/2022 at 6:11 PM, jp0212 said:

Absolute insanity. I seriously cannot believe what is happening to this country before our eyes. Schools and univerities have literally become indoctrination centers, there is a blatant attempt to normalize homosexuality, the list could go on. Scary stuff.

There are countless Bible verses on what is happening - and what will happen - as in you ain't seen nothing yet - but this one sums it up pretty nicely concerning the present time  ... 2 Timothy 3.

Knowing He told us in advance how all this would go down makes it much easier for me not to freak out. I have fully accepted that this country has capsized to the left and it ain't never going to right itself.

Even if the right - or even keeled moderates for that matter - were to control/regain control all three branches of government, the Woke Mob has been let loose from Pandora's Box and it is damn near impossible to control a mob on the loose.

Jesus come quickly!

On 9/4/2022 at 3:16 AM, Don Randall said:

What you are experiencing is the situation referred to as Hoplophobia.

Hoplophobia is the irrational fear of firearms. Someone or groups of people [collective group think] experiencing this mental disorder may endure very intense bouts of anxiety as a result of their fear. Their fear of guns may influence their opinions on society, as well. For instance, people or groups with this condition may blame guns as being the reason for why people commit murders and other atrocities, as opposed to blaming the psychological health of the individual.

Unfortunately, Hoplophobia is being administered to our kids primarily in public schools. By the time a child leaves public school they have been indoctrinated toward a psychosocial mental state of "guns are evil and people that own guns are evil". 

The United States Army has reported that 50% of new recruits have never held a gun in their lives. Around 10% of recruits at Boot Camp go through hoplophobia-like counseling sessions to overcome any fears. 

Karl Marx was a fan of public education.

George Washington was a fan of public education. 

"I have heretofore proposed to the consideration of Congress, the expediency of establishing a National University; and also a Military Academy. The desirableness of both these Institutions, has so constantly increased with every new view I have taken of the subject, that I cannot omit the opportunity of once for all, recalling your attention to them…. Amongst the motives to such an Institution, the assimilation of the principles, opinions and manners of our Country men, but the common education of a portion of our Youth from every quarter, well deserves attention. The more homogeneous our Citizens can be made in these particulars, the greater will be our prospect of permanent Union; and a primary object of such a National Institution should be, the education of our Youth in the science of Government . In a Republic, what species of knowledge can be equally important? and what duty, more pressing on its Legislature, than to patronize a plan for communicating it to those, who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the Country?"

9 hours ago, Scout_21 said:

"I have heretofore proposed to the consideration of Congress, the expediency of establishing a National University; and also a Military Academy. The desirableness of both these Institutions, has so constantly increased with every new view I have taken of the subject, that I cannot omit the opportunity of once for all, recalling your attention to them…. Amongst the motives to such an Institution, the assimilation of the principles, opinions and manners of our Country men, but the common education of a portion of our Youth from every quarter, well deserves attention. The more homogeneous our Citizens can be made in these particulars, the greater will be our prospect of permanent Union; and a primary object of such a National Institution should be, the education of our Youth in the science of Government. In a Republic, what species of knowledge can be equally important? and what duty, more pressing on its Legislature, than to patronize a plan for communicating it to those, who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the Country?"

Agree with George Washington. Educating the people on the meaning, how and why the U.S. Constitution was designed (i.e., science of government) is paramount to assuring the US Constitution's first principles are not "rethought" by future generations. My concern is about today's education of our children on the meaning, how and why the U.S. Constitution exists. George Washington was also a man of faith and took his guiding principles from the Bible. 

The Declaration of Independence was the first principle for the construction of the U.S. Constitution and the framework for the Bill of Rights. Our founders humbly understood God’s Covenant with His People in preparing this nation for success – consenting the use of Biblical Guiding Principles to the self-governed.

This sentence codifies our Founders’ stated Absolute Truth (i.e., The Country’s First Principle “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -[God]- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,” -[Country]-      

America awakened in 1776 and created a new governmental foundation built on and for God and Country.       

Edited by Don Randall
spelling
  • Like 1

I seriously doubt George Washington would approve of the .gov indoctrination centers created by Rockefeller to crank out dumbed down obedient workers. Look where we are now because of the public fool system.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan
  • Like 1

Not to bum you guys out too much, but having seen free and fair elections, free speech, fair reporting in the media, energy independence, common sense, decency, the border, etc go out the window ... Unless there is some sort of military coup or civil war or Divine Intervention to turn back the Woke Mob, it is just a matter of time before forums like this are declared to be Hate Speech Centers and are Banned from the Internet. No joke. I have no doubt that the Demoncrats in the ATF, FBI, Whatever Sneaky Secret Dept are already monitoring our posts here and on similar forums, and are just waiting to pounce. Sad stuff but it's also an interesting time to be alive - to watch individual cities, perhaps regions, and then the country as a whole just melt down into lawlessness and mayhem. "Strange days indeed. Most peculiar, Mama. Roll."

• Upvote 2