Benelli M4 chokes

abg187

This is my first Benelli M4 I plan on using 00 buck and slugs. I called Benelli and customer service said NOT to use the choke that came with my M4 for 00 buck or slugs. I didn't like her attitude so I said thank you goodbye. So here I am. Can someone please tell me what choke I should use for 00 buck and slugs and what type of 12ga shells do I use with the original choke? Thanks

Edited by abg187

Thanks for the responce. I just unscrewed the choke on my M4 on the side of the choke it reads Steel Shot OK-M- XXX. According to the manual it's a Modified choke, if it has X it's a full choke if it has XX it's a Improved Modified choke, if it has XXXX it's a Improved Cylinder choke and if it has XXXXX it's a skeet choke. Plus it has three notches on top of the choke letting me know I have a Modified choke, two notches Improved Modified choke etc. I still don't know if I can use 00 buck or slugs.

April 8, 2013 12:30 PM Pacific Standard Time. I just got the phone with customer service again and this guy said Benelli strongly recomends using the Improved Cylinder Choke for 00 buck and slugs. Just thought I'd pass it on.

April 8, 2013 12:30 PM Pacific Standard Time. I just got the phone with customer service again and this guy said Benelli strongly recomends using the Improved Cylinder Choke for 00 buck and slugs. Just thought I'd pass it on.

If that's the case then one has to wonder why Benelli sells the M4 with a modified choke rather than an improved cylinder as they "strongly recommend" since buck and slugs is what can be expected to be used in a M4..

Agreed. And if ya'll need some Franchi or Benelli Cylinder and Improved Cylinder chokes, I have a few left. Original Factory New, and I think we have them priced lower than anyone out there ($22.95 I think). http://www.agttactical.com/Weapons-Accessories_c8.htm Sorry, but we don't have any modified or full.

Edited by AGTtactical

called "lyman" about their slug mould that makes a smooth foster hollow base slug 475gr. inquired about the choke that should be used with this slug. joseph angelo from lyman stated nothing tighter than improved cylinder for this slug. rifled slugs might be able to pass through a modified choke, and apparently have as other forum members have shot 1000's of slugs through their m4 modified chokes.

could it be modified for rifled, and improved cyl for smooth foster slugs???

I'm running the Benelli (Mobil) CYL Extended Black Oxide Ported Choke BENX2P BRC for all my outdoor needs including skeet at the local range.

Are you using your M4 to shoot sheet? I'll have to try that...don't think I'm good enough though. A lot harder with such a short barreled gun. Cudos for being able to do it.